Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

First time I sat in North Upper (cup game in 1st or 2nd season of Reebok), I ended up with a ticket on the first row and I had to sit right back in my seat, never sat in that stand since, was convinced I'd fall over the edge if I celebrated a goal (East & West upper are fine as not as steep).  I've done Newcastle - too high but not scary - but worst ever was the famous FA Cup win at Everton when they put half of the Bolton fans in the top (3rd) tier down the side.  I literally couldnt stand up all night and when Coyle bagged the winner in E/T I had a wierd cocktail of emotions, going crazy in my seat whilst being scared of falling over the edge with hundreds of celebrating limbs everywhere.  Cant believe that stand is still there, felt like a death trap to me.

Are you sure the end stands are steeper?

Don't look it, but I've never been up top in them.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

Went up the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur a few years back. When we were crossing the bridge between the two buildings, I literally had to crawl on my hands and knees at one point, and I nearly passed out when I saw the window cleaners outside. Pathetic.

Im ok up tall buildings like the twin towers, Tokyo tower or petronas, as you can't fall off, but shit myself if up a ladder or if look over the the edge at the top of a multi storey ncp

I think it's because a voice in my head says "jump off"

I also did a helicopter over the grand canyon and spent most the time with my head in my hands panting

31 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'm fine with heights, quite like them tbh. I shit it a bit more under water yet swimming with a great white shark off south Africa is on my bucket list - might have to leave that bit until I'm a fair way through the list

Going on a submarine was superb, can’t say I am a sea farer at all,  but my god - that was good.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

They got over £47 million for ings, lovren, ryan kent, that cross eyed keeper and some other dude. 

And are about to get £13.8m for some fella off wolves called hoover or summet. Who the fuck is that guy?

Ings has been a fantastic signing for Southampton. £20 million for a striker who scored more goals than Salah,  Kane and Sterling last season.

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are you sure the end stands are steeper?

Don't look it, but I've never been up top in them.

Same number of rows and both bottom and top rows level means the rake must be the same. The only thing that changes is the number of seats width-ways.

• Members
3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Ings has been a fantastic signing for Southampton. £20 million for a striker who scored more goals than Salah,  Kane and Sterling last season.

He’s quality If he stays fit he’ll do the same this year.

Good moves by Liverpool, Jota competition for Firminho who just doesn’t score enough 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, MickyD said:

Same number of rows and both bottom and top rows level means the rake must be the same. The only thing that changes is the number of seats width-ways.

That's what I thought, but was prepared to accept his view of things as I hadn't been in.

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

They got over £47 million for ings, lovren, ryan kent, that cross eyed keeper and some other dude. 

And are about to get £13.8m for some fella off wolves called hoover or summet. Who the fuck is that guy?

He's decent, 18yr old Dutch right back. Saw him play for Liverpool U23s a few times at Leyland last season. He'll be in with a shout of a start at Wolves, now they've sold Docherty to spurs.