Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, deane koontz said:

First defender on the team sheet for me. All the others need to fight it out

Agreed.

We've some decent attackers but most of our defenders are shite at defending.

25 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I see the big clubs want even more domination

They'll pay out £250 million to keep EFL clubs going through the pandemic if the PL can be reduced to 18.The two big red clubs are behind it.Knew United were owned by twats, seems Liverpool are too.

Some of the other proposals

League Cup and Charity Shield abolished

Later Premier League start to give more scope for pre season tours

Clubs allowed to have 15 players out on loan and up to 4 at a single club

Financial fair play rules in line with Uefa, PL to have full access to club accounts - City and Chelsea won't like that one!

Feared that Covid would be an excuse to change football forever and it will never be the same again.

Does the plan have merits tho? The parachute money is unfair. The Big Six untouchable anyway? £250 million would stop a lot of EFL clubs going bang. Got to be better than that City mons idea of 'B' sides in EFL. No?

The proposals, dubbed Project Big Picture, would see:

• The Premier League cut from 20 to 18 clubs, with the Championship, League One and League Two each retaining 24 teams.
  •  
  • The bottom two teams in the Premier League relegated automatically with the 16th-placed team joining the Championship play-offs.
  •  
  • The League Cup and Community Shield abolished.
  • Parachute payments scrapped.
  •  
  • A £250m rescue fund made immediately available to the EFL
  •  
  • £100m paid to the FA to make up for lost revenue.
  •  
  • Nine clubs given 'special voting rights' on certain issues, based on their extended runs in the Premier League

Ex Liverpool chief executive EFL chairman Rick Parry says "reforms will benefit game as a whole" :)

• Members

Didn't I hear that 25% of PL profits would also go to the EFL each year?

A nice carrot to dangle but, when I consider the two clubs pushing this I smell a big fat fucking rat. This wouldn't be being pushed for philanthropic reasons - there must be a massively larger slice of the pie to these two for them to be pushing it.

6 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

A nice carrot to dangle but, when I consider the two clubs pushing this I smell a big fat fucking rat. This wouldn't be being pushed for philanthropic reasons - there must be a massively larger slice of the pie to these two for them to be pushing it.

PL is a not for profit organisation isn’t it, only there to provide money to the 20 PL clubs 

What’s stopping the PL pushing more money to PL clubs so they make less profit or even non at all! Thus EFL clubs get jack shit 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Exactly

Just a stepping stone to their eventual target of a European super league that’ll be closed off and be a franchise based system like the NFL.

Their patronising offer of some spare change from their TV deal is pathetic.

Just fuck off, you won’t be missed.

PL proposal is largely bullshit

20 clubs currently get approx £150m from the TV deal, so they share £3,000m
Reduce to 18 teams and "give" the EFL £250m.

So, 18 teams will share £2,750m = £152.8m each, so the 18 are actually going to be initially better off.

And if the 3 EFL leagues remain at 24 clubs, are 2 League 2 clubs getting booted?

• Members
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

So, basically, less fixtures to give them more time to do out of season tours of the US and Asia

The money they make from preseason tours is absolutely incredible. 
I went to Hong Kong China and Japan, and the promo they have is all year round, awaiting PL coming over, it’s World Cup style promotion, billboards, buses the lot. 

Then the clubs set up pop up shops all over the destinations months before hand selling anything with a club badge on it, and they sell out. 
Then the games are sold out, I think United has their games in Japan on PPV.