Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

I know its only 2k but I've watched 3 games today and its 100% better with a crowd in.  Decent atmospheres at Southampton and Palace and I'll even put up with the happy clappers at Fulham for the sake of some crowd reaction.  It doesn't feel like an ordeal to watch these games, I'll look out for the games with crowds now and sack the others.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thought he was BWFC fan.

Nooooooo!

I was working at Atherton one Saturday on Lee Mason’s brother’s watch. We were knocking off in the afternoon for United game; Lee Mason reffing.

I said, pre-game that Lee Mason was a cheating Scum fan who’d probably end up giving ManU a game winning penalty. 

He fucking did!

The decisions the scouse shed robbing, bin dipper bas**rds get is beyond a joke. Never had much time for 'little Scotty' Parker, but his stoicism in the face of the shite the media have given him re Fulham's poor start to the season has made me warm to him a little. And he's always well dressed. Hope they can nick this. Be nice to be back in the 8 Bells one day pre match. 

On a different note, I hope those Sheff u bastards and their utter twat of a manager go down with just one point. 

Wine's kicking in.......................

4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Parkinson return? 

Its the obvious one, but sometimes managers are reluctant to get a job too soon in case it compromises the pay off.  He could be getting paid a big salary for the next 2 years or whatever if he stays out of work, and teams in our league won't be able to compete financially with what he's on.

34 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Not a prayer - Lee Mason is controlling the VAR & he’s a massive Man Yoo fan, he was even in charge of one of their games the other day - t’aint reet.

32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thought he was BWFC fan.

Nah. Born and lives in Bolton, but a Man U fan thru & thru. Perhaps it’s wrong that he gets to officiate games involving his heroes.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thought he was BWFC fan.

12 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Nooooooo!

I was working at Atherton one Saturday on Lee Mason’s brother’s watch. We were knocking off in the afternoon for United game; Lee Mason reffing.

I said, pre-game that Lee Mason was a cheating Scum fan who’d probably end up giving ManU a game winning penalty. 

He fucking did!

He is a Bolton “fan”. Not a big one. He’s my brothers mate. I was at 2 away games with him; Derby away 1-0 2001 (my stag do) and Liverpool away in League cup. I can’t remember the game, but it was a home night game when ref got injured and he went down from the stand to be 4th official 

17 minutes ago, desperado said:

He is a Bolton “fan”. Not a big one. He’s my brothers mate. I was at 2 away games with him; Derby away 1-0 2001 (my stag do) and Liverpool away in League cup. I can’t remember the game, but it was a home night game when ref got injured and he went down from the stand to be 4th official 

A Red from Bolton who’s been to a couple of Bolton games then. His brother Andy is also a United fan, but also likes to see Bolton do well.

• Site Supporter

Didn't even know Lee Mason was from Bolton.

It's a bit concerning that any referee can officiate in a game his team is playing in.

Surely they get asked who they support when they start in a professional career.

Just googled him and he's even done United in a cup final, although he did get complemented on making correct decisions at the time.

6 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Wonder if he's done one of his onion based post match interviews yet? 

He has!  Apparently on his appointment he said he wasnt going to do much different than his predecessors just "add a little salt and pepper "

It was getting mentioned quite a lot on Twitter last night 😄

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Didn't even know Lee Mason was from Bolton.

It's a bit concerning that any referee can officiate in a game his team is playing in.

Surely they get asked who they support when they start in a professional career.

Just googled him and he's even done United in a cup final, although he did get complemented on making correct decisions at the time.

There used to be a rumour that Dermot Gallagher used to always wear long sleeves to hide the Utd tatoo on his arm