Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

quarter final of the League Cup around 76/77 at the Baseball Ground, great result and got a bit lively

Way way before my time fella 

5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good interview with Hall afterwards. Spoke really well.

Has family who are Newcastle fans so would like to get them in the next round.

Really enjoyed that interview. Good to see some footballers just having fun rather than regurgitating the usual drivel. 

Good luck to Chorley 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Mine comes from that twice they went bankrupt, re-registered the club as a new business, dumped on their creditors and simply carried on. The rules preventing that weren't yet set. But it stank & still does.

Also, from the way Marco Gabbiadini broke Simon Coleman's leg in 1995. Not that he got injured but the vicious & deliberate manner of it & lack of giving a shit when he did. Ice-cream selling twat.

Yeah , it's the way they've been throwing money at trying to get to the prem forever. 

Not having it that it's all above board.

Have to temper my dislike a bit as my nephew works there, so wouldn't want them to go bust. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Also, from the way Marco Gabbiadini broke Simon Coleman's leg in 1995. Not that he got injured but the vicious & deliberate manner of it & lack of giving a shit when he did. Ice-cream selling twat.

I was fucking fuming over that “challenge”. Gabbiadini knew exactly what he was doing, it was the deliberate follow through that snapped SC’s leg.

6 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

Yeah , it's the way they've been throwing money at trying to get to the prem forever. 

Not having it that it's all above board.

Have to temper my dislike a bit as my nephew works there, so wouldn't want them to go bust. 

It’s between Derby and Sheff Weds for who goes bump next. Will likely depend on which one is the first to go down to League One. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Really enjoyed that interview. Good to see some footballers just having fun rather than regurgitating the usual drivel. 

Good luck to Chorley 

Absolutely. A lot of lower league players seem to be more articulate and perhaps more world wise.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

quarter final of the League Cup around 76/77 at the Baseball Ground, great result and got a bit lively

Running the gauntlet after the game down the narrow ginnels afterwards, pouring out the other end into a terraced street then mayhem. Those Derby lot didn’t like being put out of the cup, did they?

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good interview with Hall afterwards. Spoke really well.

Has family who are Newcastle fans so would like to get them in the next round.

there’s a bit of a flaw in Newcastle fans wanting Chorley in next round. 

11 hours ago, MickyD said:

Running the gauntlet after the game down the narrow ginnels afterwards, pouring out the other end into a terraced street then mayhem. Those Derby lot didn’t like being put out of the cup, did they?

that ginnel we had to walk through with Derby fans on top of you was a bit nervy

55 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

that ginnel we had to walk through with Derby fans on top of you was a bit nervy

When they beat us in the cup 93 I’m sure it was a set up we got sent straight into oncoming derby fans who were goading as fuck, all sorts being thrown onto us from the next tier

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

When they beat us in the cup 93 I’m sure it was a set up we got sent straight into oncoming derby fans who were goading as fuck, all sorts being thrown onto us from the next tier

Pies, coffee, etc. They were clever about it too. The front of the upper tier was a shelf without a lip which meant people using it as a table for their coffee, bovril or hot pies could “accidentally “ knock them off over the fans below. It happened three or four times that game which, to me, makes it deliberate.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Pies, coffee, etc. They were clever about it too. The front of the upper tier was a shelf without a lip which meant people using it as a table for their coffee, bovril or hot pies could “accidentally “ knock them off over the fans below. It happened three or four times that game which, to me, makes it deliberate.

And spitting