Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Mourinho works best when has a large core of players who buy into his philosophy completely, soldiers almost who play while injured. At Chelsea it was Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho, Essien etc. 

Peak Mourinho at Inter, it was Materazzi, Schneider, Milito, Eto'o. That famous photo of Materazzi and Mourinho hugging and crying as he was leaving Inter for Madrid. 

Check Benitez's record after the treble year, same side I think. 

52 minutes ago, Pablo said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just think, if you'd given him time and the money you're spunking around these days you could be now already be dominating like Mourinho's Chelsea used to.  But no, you hounded him out.  Well done.

10 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

When he first arrived & was doing things at Chelsea with Drogba up front in all honestly they were just a richer, version of Sam Allardyce's Bolton, with better PR.

Correct, the day they won the title at Bolton they sat back the first half and did some attacking the second half, West Brom did similar at Anfield a few weeks ago.

Mourinho was sacked because partly  he was poor in Europe with the unlimited oil money and mostly because Abramovic was bored watching them hoof it up to Drogba.He wanted a team that played football like Arsenal or United.

Edited by Roger_Dubuis

1 minute ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Abramovic was bored watching them hoof it up to Drogba.He wanted a team that played football like Arsenal or United.

He was. I recall some second-hand remark (he doesn't do interviews himself, does he ?) that after spending the money he had he'd expected to see Galactico football, not snarling, backs-to-the-wall, the-World's-against-us stuff gaining 1-0's all the time.

So would I if I was in that position.

Morinho is a bad winner, let alone loser. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

He was. I recall some second-hand remark (he doesn't do interviews himself, does he ?) that after spending the money he had he'd expected to see Galactico football, not snarling, backs-to-the-wall, the-World's-against-us stuff gaining 1-0's all the time.

So would I if I was in that position.

Morinho is a bad winner, let alone loser. 

Rubbish. 
Ambramhovic wants trophies no matter what. Jose is their best ever manager, he wasn’t sacked at Chelsea because of styles of football but results 

9 hours ago, Rudy said:

Rubbish. 
Ambramhovic wants trophies no matter what. Jose is their best ever manager, he wasn’t sacked at Chelsea because of styles of football but results 

And he fell out with every fucker after nobbing that doctor bird and sacking her.

People crack on as if spurs have this wonder squad. Take Kane and Son and their first 11 is on a par with villa or even lower. Their back 4 wouldn't get in any of the top. 

Hes been punching with them so far, think it's just run out steam. Just like it did with poch....he fucked off as soon as he hit choppy waters.

• Members
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

And he fell out with every fucker after nobbing that doctor bird and sacking her.

People crack on as if spurs have this wonder squad. Take Kane and Son and their first 11 is on a par with villa or even lower. Their back 4 wouldn't get in any of the top. 

Hes been punching with them so far, think it's just run out steam. Just like it did with poch....he fucked off as soon as he hit choppy waters.

I agree. 
Poch took them as far as I think anyone could take this squad

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Correct, the day they won the title at Bolton they sat back the first half and did some attacking the second half

They used to do that a lot 

Remember a few games where it was a dour 0-0 and you think they ain't all that 

Then they came out second half and scored 4 or 5 

When Porto won the UEFA cup v Celtic he claimed his exact intention was to win it with a silver goal, which they did