Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

If anyone managed to actually listened to Souness who was trying to say "great player ... & all players do it, so not picking on him & I know the rules ... but a touch on your arm doesn't warrant a swan-dive & should NOT be a penalty".

But the head guy directed the conversation away.

He's right & this all needs a reset.

12 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

There has to be room in the England team for both Foden & Grealish, both outstanding talents but I'm not optimistic. 

It's going to be tough fitting in our top attacking talents with Southgate and his love of playing 2/3 defensive midfielders

Should just say fuck it and play to our strengths since our defenders are shockingly shite :D

21 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Geoff Shreeves: “Is it still possible?"

Jurgen: “I don't understand you, the only thing you want to talk about is us becoming champion. Have you ever been the best sports commentator in the world?"

Jurgen is rattled 😂😂😂

SCOUSE CUNT!

His smiley, jokey 'Mr. Nice Guy' doesn't survive long when not going all his way does it 

15 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Even after all this, I'd be astonished if Southgate picks Foden and Grealish in his starting XI.

It'll be Dier, Henderson, Mount et al

Yep. Probably.

To be fair Mount deserves it, being a Chelsea player being his main achievement.

How many caps would you reckon if he played for West Brom, or Burnley ?

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Yep. Probably.

To be fair Mount deserves it, being a Chelsea player being his main achievement.

How many caps would you reckon if he played for West Brom, or Burnley ?

He would have been snapped up by now by a big team.

He's a decent player, and is being selected by previous and current manager.

A different player to Grealish and Foden, and is still learning as they are.

I don't get the grief Mount gets on here.

It's up for debate as to whether he's as as good as Grealish and/or Foden.  Personally, I think the latter two are better, but that's not to say Mount is a bad 'un.

It's hardly like when shite like Cleverley was being picked because of who he played for.  As Mounts says, to say if Mount played for a small club would he get picked?  I think he would, but chances ae he'd not be playing for a small club because he's have been bought by a bigger club.

• Members
19 minutes ago, DazBob said:

It's up for debate as to whether he's as as good as Grealish and/or Foden.  Personally, I think the latter two are better, but that's not to say Mount is a bad 'un.

It's hardly like when shite like Cleverley was being picked because of who he played for.  As Mounts says, to say if Mount played for a small club would he get picked?  I think he would, but chances ae he'd not be playing for a small club because he's have been bought by a bigger club.

I think he’s excellent, some good English players at Chelsea

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Yep, he's playing better for Chelsea than a lot of imports who have cost £40/50/70m.

Add Maddison and Barnes to the 3 mentioned above and I'd love to see a few of them unleashed together, alongside some of the forwards we've got alongside Kane (Ings, Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood to name a few).  So many attacking options and as said above we'll end up with Henderson and Dier.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Add Maddison and Barnes to the 3 mentioned above and I'd love to see a few of them unleashed together, alongside some of the forwards we've got alongside Kane (Ings, Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood to name a few).  So many attacking options and as said above we'll end up with Henderson and Dier.

Plenty of teams using two holding midfielders these days. Especially when employing attacking full backs.