Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I thought they’d shifted back? Might be wrong

Im not  sure to be totally honest. I hope not anyway!

Yep, just for two games apparently to sort their pitch out, so back at Newport! Would have fancied us more on the Cardiff pitch! Having said that the way things are going we would win on broken glass! Onwards and upwards!

Edited by woolli
more info

16 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Tell you what, the team going under the radar here is Morecambe. Apart from matches with us and Cambridge their run-in is very favourable

Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the top 3

Our game there could be a nervy affair if we're still neck and neck, there's only 2 games after that, might be a few of us making the trip for that one - beer gardens, sun at the seaside, clinch promotion...?  OK 1 game at a time. 

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Our game there could be a nervy affair if we're still neck and neck, there's only 2 games after that, might be a few of us making the trip for that one - beer gardens, sun at the seaside, clinch promotion...?  OK 1 game at a time. 

We should destroy Morecambe they are shite. 

• Site Supporter

There’s only 1 team stopping us getting in the top 3 by the end of 9 more games time. Unfortunately we have to face that team 9 more times.

I honestly feel we’ve got the bit between our teeth though and we are not letting this go

Edited by Biggish Dave

They have a habit of grinding out results and Derek Adams is a very good manager at this level. If they were as shite as you say they wouldn't be a point behind us

Also, by your logic we were proper shite in the 2000s because we had a lump upfront in Kevin Davies. Can't really base it on one player - Mendes Gomes, their other forward, has got 12 this season

Edited by jmjhb

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

They have a habit of grinding out results and Derek Adams is a very good manager at this level. If they were as shite as you say they wouldn't be a point behind us

This.

If its effective it doesn't matter. Just like our narrow wins. All count.

That said, I'm sure we've have beaten them at home but for the dodgy sending off.

We should be confident of at least avoiding defeat there.