Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Think we've missed something whilst he's been out, could be the final missing piece in our automatic promotion push

Yes he picks that space up behind Doyle

plus he’s been in this position twice before 

1 minute ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Think he's been one of our better buys, Doyle, Baptiste and Arthur as well?

He struggled early on with shite around him but once we got going he’s a class act at this level 

5 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Apologies for the ignorance, but who has said that Sarce will be back on Monday ?

nobody just that he’s not far off hopefully will play some part in the run in 

On 02/04/2021 at 17:32, Jol_BWFC said:

Am I the only one who would have preferred Tranmere draw or win? Keep Cheltenham nearer to us. Rather have a go at winning the league.

I was thinking about this yesterday a draw though would have kept Trampmere above us I think on GD, a win would have been bad if we keep on drawing so for the sake of Bolton and the fact they're localish and promotion rivals, I'm pleased they lost 

2 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

If Sterling could finish he'd be on for 50+ goals a season

Frustrating midweek for England very greedy at times 

12 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Rob Holding and Nat Phillips, Arsenal and Liverpool respectively face each other tonight, 6 years ago they were both in a Bolton X1 that drew 1-1 at Atherton Collieries, amazing 6 years they have both had

Must admit I chuckled at the Twitter types kicking off at the transfer fees involved. Something never did quite stack up that Phillips was going down the well-trodden semi-pro path of being released and going to play college soccer in the US, and then in relatively no time at all pops up in the Premier League. 

17 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Although hearts I don't think would be technically kosher

It can be, from an acceptable animal & cooked according to Rabbinical law but the extra requirement to salt it, to remove excess blood, makes it more hard work than it's worth.

You're welcome. 

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Must admit I chuckled at the Twitter types kicking off at the transfer fees involved. Something never did quite stack up that Phillips was going down the well-trodden semi-pro path of being released and going to play college soccer in the US, and then in relatively no time at all pops up in the Premier League. 

Same, mate.

Holding played 30 games for us in which we conceded 66(?) goals. Something like that anyway (I can't be arsed counting), but it was definitely as a mainstay of the worst defence in the league. We got two point something million plus add-ons based on what Arsenal felt they could develop him into.

For every argument saying we gave him away, you could say he'd have been virtually worthless, had he stayed at Bolton. His development/progression only happened because he moved. We also didn't sell too cheaply, based on the fact that Arsenal didn't want to pay any more and nobody else offered us cash. 

As for Phillips, he was "advised" by someone very close to both him and the club that he'd be better off not signing any terms offered to him by us, because better opportunities lay elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It can be, from an acceptable animal & cooked according to Rabbinical law but the extra requirement to salt it, to remove excess blood, makes it more hard work than it's worth.

You're welcome. 

Oy vey bubby, enough of the Yiddish schtick already, :lol:!!!

Think you'd still have to get a Rabbi to say a prayer beforehand though.

2 hours ago, Traf said:

As for Phillips, he was "advised" by someone very close to both him and the club that he'd be better off not signing any terms offered to him by us, because better opportunities lay elsewhere.

Yep. .... & who fancied being manager of said club.

... & not David Lee !!

35 minutes ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Oy vey bubby, enough of the Yiddish schtick already, ::lol::!!!

Think you'd still have to get a Rabbi to say a prayer beforehand though.

Nah. Common misconception. How many Rabbi's would be required if every meal had to be specifically blessed. There'd be nowhete near so many fat Hassidic Jews if that was the case.

Ingredients must be certified kosher & any processing equipment. But that is generally done en-masse by blessing the source with just occasional audits to ensure the rules are being maintained.

The things you learn at Thornleigh, eh ?!

• Members
10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Pretenders spurs spent millions on an average squad

yes if he doesn’t want to be another shearer get out Kane 

If I was Levy I’d cash in now when his value will be at the peak