Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

City can’t afford him, says Pep

I think it’s the prices that are being quoted and then the selling club getting inflated prices when they eye up a replacement. 

Kane signed a 6 year contract last year, in £10m a year

So that’s £100m at a starting point. Then he’s arguably the best out and out centre forward in Europe, Then the market value you’re looking at £140m before wages, £220m on one player isn’t something I think City will do. But strikers of this quality are once a generation.

People will laugh but I think Danny Ings in this City team would easily score 20 PL goals. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I think it’s the prices that are being quoted and then the selling club getting inflated prices when they eye up a replacement. 

So that’s £100m at a starting point. Then he’s arguably the best out and out centre forward in Europe, Then the market value you’re looking at £140m before wages, £220m on one player isn’t something I think City will do. But strikers of this quality are once a generation.

People will laugh but I think Danny Ings in this City team would easily score 20 PL goals. 

At 28, is anyone going to stump up £220m?

If he goes, it will be for £100-120m.

Haaland? I think City might break the bank for him.

• Members
9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

At 28, is anyone going to stump up £220m?

If he goes, it will be for £100-120m.

Haaland? I think City might break the bank for him.

Think he’s 27 but yeah I don’t see it.

Haalands reps been to Barca and Real this week, Barca can’t afford him. Real will have a say if they want him now they’ll get him, or they’ll know how to get him in 3 years time

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Think he’s 27 but yeah I don’t see it.

Haalands reps been to Barca and Real this week, Barca can’t afford him. Real will have a say if they want him now they’ll get him, or they’ll know how to get him in 3 years time

28 in summer

• Members
11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

And you there’s a question over Kane’s injury’s

ings/bamford & Watkins would score 20+ in city’s side 

I think United will go and get him if they’ve got the dollar 

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Turning into a lovely battle for that 3rd spot. Burnley still have to play Newcastle and Brighton. Not sure if they face Fulham too

Burnley play Newcastle next week and yes play Fulham but the rest are very tricky for them 

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Agree about Ings.

Knows where the net is.

On Kane, if he goes abroad, then he's bottling it for me. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Ings is quality. Didnt work out for him at Liverpool but the lad can play & knows where the net is. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Rudy said:

City United Real PSG with Poch?

Might as well stay at Spurs than go to PSG 

If City can't afford him then he's probably only got Utd over here 

Who would afford him in Italy?  

Can only see Real going in for him abroad

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Fulham host Newcastle on last day 

Newcastle play Sheff Utd the week before but the run before that is very difficult, could easily lose them all

Nothing (well almost); gives me more pleasure than seeing fat geordies crying in the stands after the last game of the season......and that miserable cnt shearer getting uppity on motd...

• Moderators

so Newcatle 3 ahead with game in hand

Newcastle:
Burnley (a)
West Ham (h)
Liverpool (a)
Arsenal (h)
Leicester (a)
City (h)
Sheff U (h)
Fulham (a)

Fulham
Wolves (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)
Burnley (h)
Southampton (a)
United (a)
Newcastle (h)

tight that

But right now reckon Fulham will survive as they go at teams, and can't see Newcastle grinding out results in those fixtures, one win at best v Sheff U

Edited by Zico