Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Hopefully Cheltenham are all hungover on Saturday and lose to Newport and then draw with Harrogate on the last day, only chance we have of winning the league + Cambridge results go our way.

Promotion will do me just fine whatever happens

16 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Sounds daft but I'm glad Exeter aren't losing, rather they win this one and lose against us. I know it doesn't work like that but in my head it makes sense.

I know what you mean, they’ll have everything to lose on Saturday thus nerves will kick in.   The more jittery the better for us

Congrats to Cheltenham on promotion but the Exeter result doesn’t really change much, they still need wins not draws to have any chance of getting into the play offs. That should mean a really open game on Saturday which should suit us, especially if Sarce and Declan John are fit. Come on Whites, one more push and we’re there.

24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Congrats to Cheltenham on promotion but the Exeter result doesn’t really change much, they still need wins not draws to have any chance of getting into the play offs. That should mean a really open game on Saturday which should suit us, especially if Sarce and Declan John are fit. Come on Whites, one more push and we’re there.

Sarcy starting would give me a lot more confidence for Saturday

25 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Sarcy starting would give me a lot more confidence for Saturday

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Cheltenham will do well to get a result at Newport, we win Saturday and I can see 3 way battle on last day for the title. 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Sky will love that 

Ironically Sky will be showing the mouthwatering Sheff Utd v Crystal Palace as the race for the League 2 title may be unfolding.

11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I thought Grimsby were excellent against us t'other week, if they'd shown even half that fight for half the season they'd have pissed survival. Ah well, nevermind. Next slide please.

They were. Admittedly we were bad but they played like a team near the top of the table

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

They were. Admittedly we were bad but they played like a team near the top of the table

I think a lot of teams playing Wanderers, have raised their games Jules, both away and at home. Sometimes we probably don’t appreciate how big a club we are in the overall scale of things and certainly at this level. Being so close to the Mancs and Scousers perhaps makes us feel a little inferior but certainly not at this level, or indeed outside the PL. I can’t wait for IE and the players to experience the rousing welcome from supporters when we’re allowed back in and it’s a shame for those who’ve got us (hopefully?) promoted this year that they might not be here next season to share it too.

• Members
1 minute ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think a lot of teams playing Wanderers, have raised their games Jules, both away and at home. Sometimes we probably don’t appreciate how big a club we are in the overall scale of things and certainly at this level. Being so close to the Mancs and Scousers perhaps makes us feel a little inferior but certainly not at this level, or indeed outside the PL. I can’t wait for IE and the players to experience the rousing welcome from supporters when we’re allowed back in and it’s a shame for those who’ve got us (hopefully?) promoted this year that they might not be here next season to share it too.

It’s must be a huge incentive to go and best us turning up to our club and stadium, if you can’t get fired up for that you shouldn’t be in sport

I can’t wait for that first game with Fans at home it’ll be bouncing