Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
47 minutes ago, little whitt said:

would you get a Medal ??

Usually get about 40 for players and 1st team staff from the competition organiser, the club decide who gets them, providing they meet certain criteria. then the club give out their own replica medal that they’ve had made at the end of the season, usually exactly the same with the wording slightly changed so it can’t be sold as an ‘official’ medal 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Usually get about 40 for players and 1st team staff from the competition organiser, the club decide who gets them, providing they meet certain criteria. then the club give out their own replica medal that they’ve had made at the end of the season, usually exactly the same with the wording slightly changed so it can’t be sold as an ‘official’ medal 

Did you get a real premier league winners medal Or one of these additional ones pal?

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Everybody has City down to win.

Chelsea beat them a couple of weeks ago and Real Madrid own the CL

I see city having a better chance against RM, though I'm not sure they'd put in as bad a performance against Chelsea as they did in the fa Cup. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Do you get any sort of a bonus if City win anything?

• Members
50 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Did you get a real premier league winners medal Or one of these additional ones pal?

When I was first team staff I did, I have a few, then I moved onto what’s called medical staff and I get the replicas 

37 minutes ago, Zico said:

Do you get any sort of a bonus if City win anything?

No just first team staff then it’s individual performance based , at the end of every season. I assume the powers that be have a pot based on what they have won and profit they have made and then they divide that out between departments 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

When I was first team staff I did, I have a few, then I moved onto what’s called medical staff and I get the replicas 

No just first team staff then it’s individual performance based , at the end of every season. I assume the powers that be have a pot based on what they have won and profit they have made and then they divide that out between departments 

Still summat nice to hand down the kids. Nice wee trophy cabinet at home with them All in will look the business that. 

• Members
Just now, Escobarp said:

Still summat nice to hand down the kids. Nice wee trophy cabinet at home with them All in will look the business that. 

My Owd fella has them, he’s backed me every step of the way, paid for my courses when I was starting out, drove me all over when I played . Comes to every match he can do even now, even if I’m stuck in the back. So I give them to him. Probably on eBay now 😂

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

My Owd fella has them, he’s backed me every step of the way, paid for my courses when I was starting out, drove me all over when I played . Comes to every match he can do even now, even if I’m stuck in the back. So I give them to him. Probably on eBay now 😂

He will treasure them I’m sure. Not everyone has a son working high up in a premier league football club amassing a collection of winners medals from elite competitions. Soon possibly to have a champions league winnners medal. Think how few people on the planet have one of them. Hopefully you will post us a pic on here when /if you get one so we can all see what one looks like. 

last medal I got was Bolton schools cup and a county cup runners up medal both from high school 😎

20 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Nice

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He will treasure them I’m sure. Not everyone has a son working high up in a premier league football club amassing a collection of winners medals from elite competitions. Soon possibly to have a champions league winnners medal. Think how few people on the planet have one of them. Hopefully you will post us a pic on here when /if you get one so we can all see what one looks like. 

last medal I got was Bolton schools cup and a county cup runners up medal both from high school 😎

All that fame & success & he still can't get in Bolton Blondies knickers 😂

• Members
11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I will do next time I’m at my dads I’ll take pics of them and stick them on here. I

Think my grandad has my Bolton’s school final medal, Nat Lofthouse presented me that one. That was a proud moment 

6 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Hate all English clubs apart from Bolton; fuck them all

...."it's good for English football"