Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Can’t read too much into warm up games, so many things they are trying. But we played well, Sam Johnstone really impressed me

Always amazed how much critique goes into a game with nothing on it. Madness

• Members
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

I didn’t watch it as friendlies are shite England/Bolton or anyone. They are for Americans and Australians

Yeah I’m with you there. Roll on Sunday 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, tomski said:

Always amazed how much critique goes into a game with nothing on it. Madness

Bang on. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. 

Quite surprised we've had 2 games to be honest, after a condensed season. Certainly no wonder the performances were bitty, as in reality, they're just training games.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd just like to say that until Kane rediscovers his mojo, Sterling decides to play like the first half of last season rather than the second and someone realises Mount, despite playing for Chelsea, isn't really all that then, bluntly, f'call is coming home.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, I'd just like to say that until Kane rediscovers his mojo, Sterling decides to play like the first half of last season rather than the second and someone realises Mount, despite playing for Chelsea, isn't really all that then, bluntly, f'call is coming home.

There's a Euro 21 thread for this, not much being put on it since the site 'died' though.

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Mount was the best of a bad bunch, especially early on. Once they got to grips with him, England ran out of ideas.