Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Moderators
2 hours ago, tomski said:

Big game tonight in Bundesliga 2 Nur Der HSV

think it was a league 2 game in the last couple of weeks, featured 2 ex wanderers

cant help but thinking one of em could have had a decent career for us

the other was coyle shit

14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I think Belgrade is in my top 5 games I most wish I had done.

Got plenty of shit aways I'd gladly trade in for it.

Legendary day/night out

43 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Legendary day/night out

One of those situations where you wish you could go back and tell your younger self to have a word with himself!

Shit loads of disposable income but spending it all getting pissed with people I no longer know in bars on Bradshawgate that are no longer there. 

Fucking spend it on Skopje and Belgrade not Bergeracs you knob!

Edited by Marc505

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

One of those situations where you wish you could go back and tell your younger self to have a word with himself!

Shit loads of disposable income but spending it all getting pissed with people I no longer know in bars on Bradshawgate that are no longer there. 

And Skopje?!

That was a blinder, too!

37 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I was a 17 year old student for Euro 1.0 and had a kid on the way by the time of Euro 2.0 so did all of the home games and not a single away one. Which I’m reminded of by two 100%ers every time this topic comes up. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I was a 17 year old student for Euro 1.0 and had a kid on the way by the time of Euro 2.0 so did all of the home games and not a single away one. Which I’m reminded of by two 100%ers every time this topic comes up. 

Did a small part of you ever think "ah we'll get there again some day anyway"? 

I never feel as bad about Euro 1, would of course loved to have done Plovdiv and Guimares especially but I didn't have the time or funds it was impossible, but the second campaign was a massive mistake not to take full advantage of.

Definitely wish I knew the people I do now then, or been a member on here. It's alright though had some great nights in McCauley's...