Jump to content
Donate to keep the site running Read more... ×
Subscribe - contribute monthly Read more... ×
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
superjohnmcginlay

Todays Games

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I get the feeling the Leeds win might have been quite inconvenient for the owners, all roads were leading to his sacking at that point. They're draw specialists, think the owners were expecting top two.

Used to work with a Boro fan (ST holder) who said they were boring to watch under him. Would draw a lot of games or ground out 1-0 wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DirtySanchez said:

Used to work with a Boro fan (ST holder) who said they were boring to watch under him. Would draw a lot of games or ground out 1-0 wins

Yeah I'd heard that too then it seems to have been confirmed with the games I've seen them play on Sky bar a few exceptions. They do have some good players though, I rate Grabban a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah I'd heard that too then it seems to have been confirmed with the games I've seen them play on Sky bar a few exceptions. They do have some good players though, I rate Grabban a lot.

Aye the Boro fan's gripe was that they had quality players capable of playing much better football 

He went as far as saying he didn't want promotion as under Karanka they would get hammered every week in the prem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah I'd heard that too then it seems to have been confirmed with the games I've seen them play on Sky bar a few exceptions. They do have some good players though, I rate Grabban a lot.

if you area good team only missing a scorer in our league, grabban is fantastic

an absolute menace against our lot

 

he misses a fair few, but he looked a class apart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I get the feeling the Leeds win might have been quite inconvenient for the owners, all roads were leading to his sacking at that point. They're draw specialists, think the owners were expecting top two.

probably

funny ones them, seems no matter how hard they try or how much they chuck at it, they just can't get maintain a challenge - seem to always lose in the semis of the play offs if they make it, and it's now 26 years since they've been in the PL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Casino said:

if you area good team only missing a scorer in our league, grabban is fantastic

an absolute menace against our lot

 

he misses a fair few, but he looked a class apart

Spot on, but our issue is not creating enough for our strikers to miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Traf said:

Spot on, but our issue is not creating enough for our strikers to miss.

which is the reason i didnt say that if i could have any player in the league, it would be him  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Used to work with a Boro fan (ST holder) who said they were boring to watch under him. Would draw a lot of games or ground out 1-0 wins

And went for Pulis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

probably

funny ones them, seems no matter how hard they try or how much they chuck at it, they just can't get maintain a challenge - seem to always lose in the semis of the play offs if they make it, and it's now 26 years since they've been in the PL

If they end up in the play offs again (especially against Sheff United or Derby) my missus will combust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Casino said:

if you area good team only missing a scorer in our league, grabban is fantastic

an absolute menace against our lot

 

he misses a fair few, but he looked a class apart

Some of their midfielders are good too, I can't stand that ginger twat though, laughed heartily when someone had a do with him during the pitch invasion last season.

That keeper though, dodgy as fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

probably

funny ones them, seems no matter how hard they try or how much they chuck at it, they just can't get maintain a challenge - seem to always lose in the semis of the play offs if they make it, and it's now 26 years since they've been in the PL

26 years?

That went quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

probably

funny ones them, seems no matter how hard they try or how much they chuck at it, they just can't get maintain a challenge - seem to always lose in the semis of the play offs if they make it, and it's now 26 years since they've been in the PL

03-04 season was their last in Prem. Not quite 26 (Source - Wiki)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

03-04 season was their last in Prem. Not quite 26 (Source - Wiki)

Both wrong 

Was 1999

They got relegated in 93, came back up, went down in 99, not been back since

So 20 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Both wrong 

Was 1999

They got relegated in 93, came back up, went down in 99, not been back since

So 20 years

 

9 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Both wrong 

Was 1999

They got relegated in 93, came back up, went down in 99, not been back since

So 20 years

Not sure you’re on about the same team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MickyD said:

I'm on about Leeds.

Think our zico is on about forest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Malc's on about Derby. We all need to call it a night :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely talking about Forest

Who was Marc talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm definitely talking about Forest

Who was Marc talking about?

Boca Juniors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we on Ipswich today

Think that's our best option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.