Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

3 hours ago, deane koontz said:

It's all i can remember about that game. I know i went to the away one though :D 

Both Euro campaigns have all merged into one for me.

I can’t remember where we flew from to which games or how many nights we stayed. I know Gatwick and Edinburgh are in there and I seemed to be in Munich for days after the game.

As for the homes, I thought we had a shit crowd on for athletico until recently :D

• Members
11 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Can't even remember if I went to that game. My memory is fucked.

Went to the away leg. Looking at where we are now, glad I fucking well did (and Skopje). Looking like once in a lifetime opportunities.

Edited by bolty58

11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Went to the away leg. Looking at where we are now, glad I fucking well did (and Skopje). Looking like once in a lifetime opportunities.

Aye, I took it for granted, I only ended up going to Madrid and Munich away. I was expecting more of the same in the following seasons. 

A couple of seasons into me having season tickets I was watching JayJay and Youri. It would appear I got spoilt as fuck :D 

Bearing in mind Accy hadn't scored this year it's amazing to see how bad Sunderland are, McGeady aside. Paul Smyth on loan from QPR would be a welcome addition in Div 1 next season, has a bit of forestieiri about him. Looks miles better than Charlie Wyke, we dodged a bullet there, makes me grateful for Donaldson.

6 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

We had that and Arsenal in the cup (a replay maybe?) on Valey’s day in close years if not successive

Lucky Mrs Jules was take up the Arse game.

look how full the stadium was for that Atletick game. Never gonna see owt like that again are we? :(

Think they were a couple of years apart as I had different birds for each one :D

Posted this one before but the Atletico game was the beginning of the end for me and my lad’s mum. She was kicking off at me going to the game on Valentines and I’ll never forget telling her that “Bolton Wanderers were there long before you, and they’ll be there long after you.”  I was right and all!

Accy have had a right go at Sunderland, been a far better game than I expected. Could have been 6-6. 

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Think they were a couple of years apart as I had different birds for each one :D

Posted this one before but the Atletico game was the beginning of the end for me and my lad’s mum. She was kicking off at me going to the game on Valentines and I’ll never forget telling her that “Bolton Wanderers were there long before you, and they’ll be there long after you.”  I was right and all!

Accy have had a right go at Sunderland, been a far better game than I expected. Could have been 6-6. 

Ha ha, lost more girlfriends over the years watching football, i have lost count. Only my sons mum, and a bird i see now and again never bothered about me wondering all over the country.