Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Finding it very encouraging for the time being, though I expect McClaren to be potted sooner rather than later. Seems a bit of a car crash to come in to though.

Also good to see Ipswich and Rotherham lose again - 2 teams that will be down there come the end of the season.

On a separate note, if we win tomorrow we go joint top of the league with Leeds drawing.

I'm sure it used to be in the rules you had to play all your home games in one season at one stadium?

so all away teams play at the same place and preserve sporting integrity or some other bollox

probably round about the time we moved

I heard it was now two, so Spurs cant play anywhere but Wembley and WHL now.

Seems a strange rule though

Surely it’s in the interest of English football for clubs to be investing in huge stadiums like this

• Site Supporter

Also good to see Ipswich and Rotherham lose again - 2 teams that will be down there come the end of the season.

On a separate note, if we win tomorrow we go joint top of the league with Leeds drawing.

Would have to win by five for that to happen, and would still be dependent on Villa and Brentford result.

Would have to win by five for that to happen, and would still be dependent on Villa and Brentford result.

Ignoring the goal difference - we’re never going to trouble anyone on that side of things. Joint top on points will do for me ????????.

• Site Supporter

Ignoring the goal difference - we’re never going to trouble anyone on that side of things. Joint top on points will do for me .

can't ignore GD, it's the extra point at the end of the day, either end of the table.

I'm morphing into MalcW here

• Site Supporter

Mcgurnie looked a real handful for Swansea, he was the lad that scored against us for Barnsley last season.

Never gives the defenders a second.

aye, remember him being a handful, but thinking he never had control of his legs and trying to run faster than he is capable of.

had a belter tonight though.

Leeds were lucky to get a point.

Seems a strange rule though

Surely it’s in the interest of English football for clubs to be investing in huge stadiums like this

It had previously been enforced in Scotland; Inverness played half a season at Aberdeen because their stadium wasn’t ready for the first couple of games and the SPL decided they’d have an advantage if they didn’t play all of their first round of games at the same venue, back in the days of playing everyone four times. Certainly wasn’t enforced last season when Hearts played a few games at Murrayfield and coined it in when Aberdeen and Rangers took 10,000 and 15,000 fans respectively.

2,200 Sunderland fans doing a 10 hour 600 mile round midweek trip to Gillingham

fair play to them, it'd be ifollow all the way for me

If they score a few that supposed temporary away end made out of scaffolding there will take a bartering with 2200 folk jumping up and down.