Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

That Rangers game was awful and is why SPL is awful. That artificial surface at Livingston should never be allowed in a countries top league. and livvy are a 4th division club in terms of support, ground and history. Sorry i follow Rangers but SPL is woeful and you cant put it all down to money. its so lop sided in itself. Rangers & Sellick pulling in massive crowds and then one man and his dog at about half the clubs in their top flight and thats being generous. They fail in Europe coz no domestic competition 

8 minutes ago, snowball said:

That Rangers game was awful and is why SPL is awful. That artificial surface at Livingston should never be allowed in a countries top league. and livvy are a 4th division club in terms of support, ground and history. Sorry i follow Rangers but SPL is woeful and you cant put it all down to money. its so lop sided in itself. Rangers & Sellick pulling in massive crowds and then one man and his dog at about half the clubs in their top flight and thats being generous. They fail in Europe coz no domestic competition 

Livvy have won a major domestic cup and are a superbly ran community club and I am actually a season ticket holder there this year and thoroughly enjoy the games I attend each year. I buy the season ticket equally as much to support the club and what they are trying to do as much as to watch the games. 

the ground is more than adequate for what they need and it is a well ran facility and club  

im not sure how you can relate history to a division either.  

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Bruno Penandes.. 20th pen of the season or something ridiculous like that. How many have we had in the last 10 years? About 5

To be fair we’ve not been in the opposition penalty box 20 times in the last 5 years

Newcastle get as many fans through the door as rangers and are quite partial to some premier league money. They’ve never come close to winning anything since 1995.

The old firm are huge, like proper huge, but  It’d take them years for them to build a squad good enough for the prem and a mega rich owner to even push for top 4.

Takes more than just fan base nowadays. 

Chelsea, City, Leicester proves that point. Shirt sales and taking 3 million away fans everywhere matters shit.

23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Newcastle get as many fans through the door as rangers and are quite partial to some premier league money. They’ve never come close to winning anything since 1995.

You are right. Celtic and Rangers would be another Newcastle and Sunderland.Top players wouldn't live in the North East or Scottish climate unless they were getting paid oil money rather than just normal big club PL wages.

Watching United was like watching England in the World Cup.Start off keen and energetic but gradually the opposition's better technical players take over and control the match.They are a world class striker, a full back and centre half short of even winning the PL let alone the CL.City need a new manager.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

The old firm are huge, like proper huge, but  It’d take them years for them to build a squad good enough for the prem and a mega rich owner to even push for top 4.

Takes more than just fan base nowadays. 

Chelsea, City, Leicester proves that point. Shirt sales and taking 3 million away fans everywhere matters shit.

TBF as well as being relegated a couple of times Newcastle have played european football in 12 seasons since 95, and that's the point with Celtic and Rangers, they're more likely to be sniffing round the top half of the PL, rather than struggling or even in the Championship

if they were allowed in, I reckon they'd be able to generate enough cash to make a decent fist of it

but

it'll never happen, so there's no way to win this arguement, it's all about opinons - and if I come across a Rangers or Celtic fan making these claims, I'll take the opposite stance, just for the sake of it

• Members
12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

That cross and header for Inter's goal then is as good as any type of goal in the game for me, something proper satisfying about watching a curling cross and a glanced header into the net.

I love that kind of goal

21 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

David Silva deserves his statue at Citeh, he has been brilliant, good pro, 10 years service, won plenty of trophies and he has been instrumental in all that. 

It’s not as if they’ve any other history really than the last few years so leave them alone at building a club and something to look back on I say. Somewhere to reminisce about the glory years when the sheikhs get bored and they are rattling round in the emptihad in league one 

• Members
39 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

David Silva deserves his statue at Citeh, he has been brilliant, good pro, 10 years service, won plenty of trophies and he has been instrumental in all that. 

One of the very best the Prem has seen, certainly the best City player ever

16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s not as if they’ve any other history really than the last few years so leave them alone at building a club and something to look back on I say. Somewhere to reminisce about the glory years when the sheikhs get bored and they are rattling round in the emptihad in league one 

Stop it

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Redundancies???😄