Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

4 hours ago, Marc505 said:

It appears the Soccer Saturday pundits are competing to see who can say "top top" the most.

I dont think Merson has ever said "top" without adding another top.  I've been reading his autobiography and he even says top top in that.  That gives me an excuse to mention his tale about when Rioch was manager, and Wright had missed a load of chances.  Rioch was having a right go at him in dressing room, saying McGinlay would have buried those chances!  Not surprisingly Wright didnt take kindly to the comparison and went mad at him, and handed in a transfer request on the Monday.  Merson thinks its the reason Rioch didnt last long, because either Wright or Rioch were going to leave and Wright was more important to the club.  

• Members
8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

I as great wasn’t it, fair play to palace even at 3-1 they went for more.

Retake is slightly harsh but fuck em. I think if a penalty is retaken it should be from the same player

50 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I dont think Merson has ever said "top" without adding another top.  I've been reading his autobiography and he even says top top in that.  That gives me an excuse to mention his tale about when Rioch was manager, and Wright had missed a load of chances.  Rioch was having a right go at him in dressing room, saying McGinlay would have buried those chances!  Not surprisingly Wright didnt take kindly to the comparison and went mad at him, and handed in a transfer request on the Monday.  Merson thinks its the reason Rioch didnt last long, because either Wright or Rioch were going to leave and Wright was more important to the club.  

I've read that so many times on here that I'd love to meet Ian Wright and ask him if that's true. 

I've heard a few different versions of it too but mainly centred around Rioch making Wright watch a video of McGinlay's goals as a training aid and Wright being like who the fuck is this bloke? 

The absolute neck on Rioch for that is magnificent.

Edited by Marc505

21 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've heard a few different versions of it too but mainly centred around Rioch making Wright watch a video of McGinlay's goals as a training aid and Wright being like who the fuck is this bloke? 

Might have dovetailed with the timing of McGinlay scoring the winner against Rioch’s Arsenal

14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Think its true Rioch mentioned McGinlay to Wright in reference to improving s certain aspect of his play and he took the hump. its certainly true Wright undermined Rioch and was instrumental in getting him fired and for that hes always a cunt as far as im concerned. Know someone who knew Bruce and Wright was a proper twat with him

• Members
1 minute ago, snowball said:

Think its true Rioch mentioned McGinlay to Wright in reference to improving s certain aspect of his play and he took the hump. its certainly true Wright undermined Rioch and was instrumental in getting him fired and for that hes always a cunt as far as im concerned. Know someone who knew Bruce and Wright was a proper twat with him

Don’t think it was any secret that Wright was a bit of a temperamental twat 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Anybody seen Scott Parker's post match interview from yesterday. It was fucking bizarre 😂

Looks like he's taken some shit acting lessons. 

Very animated and frustrated.

Was certainly a bit different, but nowt wrong with a bit of passion being shown.

41 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bookies might as well pay out on Liverpool now. Chelsea and Man City are the only clubs with good enough players to challenge them but neither Lampard nor Pep can organise a team defensively.

Everton will be up there.