Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

8 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Southampton become the 29th team to top the premier league. 

We was one of them.... once! 😒

I saw that on the Beeb.  It described us as being top in 2011(?) after we won 4-0 at QPR.

We must have been top in 2001 too after the first 3 games? 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I saw that on the Beeb.  It described us as being top in 2011(?) after we won 4-0 at QPR.

We must have been top in 2001 too after the first 3 games? 

Correct. Last hit the top about 5 or 6 games in that season I think after a game at Arsenal

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct. Last hit the top about 5 or 6 games in that season I think after a game at Arsenal

That was my last trip to Highbury.  They had pre match messages from fans in the programme with one that said "We're top if you ignore Bolton".  We were right next to the dividing fence when Ricketts fired in the equaliser. The looks on their faces as the away end went mental!

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

That was my last trip to Highbury.  They had pre match messages from fans in the programme with one that said "We're top if you ignore Bolton".  We were right next to the dividing fence when Ricketts fired in the equaliser. The looks on their faces as the away end went mental!

Could well have been my last time too - whichever was the latter with this game and Farrelly from the corner flag. Erupted in that away end.

I loved going to Highbury yet not keen on the Emerites. Lovely stadium but too sterile, like most modern grounds

40 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Could well have been my last time too - whichever was the latter with this game and Farrelly from the corner flag. Erupted in that away end.

I loved going to Highbury yet not keen on the Emerites. Lovely stadium but too sterile, like most modern grounds

Absolutely, Highbury & Upton Park were great away trips that the new grounds don't come close to matching in atmosphere ......White Hart Lane was another proper football ground that i'll bet is the same now.

I'm willing to put up with the new Den because it's massively increased my chances of getting home in one piece !!

Also, it's a bit tough on Wimbledon & Brentford who've both moved into shiny new grounds but their fans haven't been able to go to them yet.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye

Was right next to them too

Most banter etc directed at some angry cockney type in a pink shirt

40 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Everton are a bit shit without Richarlison stretching teams and causing havoc with his runs

Everton haven't won a game since 3rd of October, they were title contenders a fortnight ago.  That seemed to be based on beating Brighton and WBA, and they conceded 4 goals in those.  They'll be just above half way as usual.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Everton haven't won a game since 3rd of October, they were title contenders a fortnight ago.  That seemed to be based on beating Brighton and WBA, and they conceded 4 goals in those.  They'll be just above half way as usual.

Beat spurs....

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Beat spurs....

49 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

OK, yes one stand out result, some acceptable performances and and some poor one's, that's what Everton do.

just saying nothing's changed on the evidence so far.  And they've still got Pickford.

as long as we finish above 12th, then its progression.

49 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

OK, yes one stand out result, some acceptable performances and and some poor one's, that's what Everton do.

just saying nothing's changed on the evidence so far.  And they've still got Pickford.

as long as we finish above 12th, then its progression.