Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

If it wasn't for coming on here I'd have been blissfully unaware what happened last night...

Morbid curiosity meant I Googled it to see the eminently punchable 'baby-faced' cunt's delighted face above the result.

Thank fuck the pubs are shut, can one imagine having a quiet midweek pint in say, Farnworth or Great Lever and being among plastic armchair spunkbubble München erupting with giddy glee and forming an unbroken choo-choo train with reach-arounds all round?

Makes me bilious just thinking of it.

As highlighted by others - there's been a troubling trend on here, according parity of hatred to the likes of Liverpool or City.

There's even been rational analysis and praise for performance and, really stomach-turning this one, discussion of player-selection, formation and (I'm going to be sick now...) which players from other teams would improve the cunts...

You know who you are and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

A.B.U.

I'd rather have an Saudi Arabia/ISIL-backed Tranmere Rovers managed by Joey Barton win owt before the filth.

Any posters offering up owt but invective toward them should have their account automatically suspended imo.

• Members
33 minutes ago, Traf said:

VAR is not fit for purpose.

It was introduced to eliminate/over-rule clear and obvious errors.
It wasn't introduced to referee games to the minutest degree that cannot be seen by the human eye.

If it’s not clear and obvious it shouldn’t even go to VAR

The offside ruling at the moment is a joke, the benefit of the doubt doesn’t go to the attacker, the angles are wrong and it takes too long. 
If they are going to go with microscopic details then the attacker should only be off if there is full daylight between the last defender and the attacker, otherwise they are level. 

50 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If it’s not clear and obvious it shouldn’t even go to VAR

The offside ruling at the moment is a joke, the benefit of the doubt doesn’t go to the attacker, the angles are wrong and it takes too long. 
If they are going to go with microscopic details then the attacker should only be off if there is full daylight between the last defender and the attacker, otherwise they are level. 

The daylight suggestion is interesting and consistent with the "whole of the ball must be over the line" rules we've always had.

If some part of the striker is onside, then he's onside?

• Members
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

The daylight suggestion is interesting and consistent with the "whole of the ball must be over the line" rules we've always had.

I’d say so, don’t really see any issues with it.

Lower leagues who don’t have VAR use that as a rule of thumb 

Especially if that’s the rule through the season, let’s at least have it consistent 

Indeed, the whole idea that an attacker's feet can be behind a defender's, but if he's leaning forward then his head makes him offside is completely ridiculous.

As Traf says, just make it so that if some of the attacker is level with the defender then he is onside.

The law-makers should be looking at how we can make players onside rather than offside.

5 hours ago, DazBob said:

Need to have a roll call to make sure some of our posters didn't actually wank themselves to death last night.

Did you not wank yourself silly as the only person mentioning it is you😀

7 hours ago, Traf said:

To me, should be a 'margin of error' or summat. Make the blue line thicker than the other if you get my drift. 

At the minute it's 'too' perfect, and spoiling the game

42 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think there should have to be clear daylight between the attacker and the defender for the attacker to be ruled offside

This would be an easier rule to implement and would favour the attacker obviously.

I agree as that being the definition but it running smoothly would be exactly the same. With tv/VAR cameras everywhere whatever the line is can be analysed to fractions of fractions of an inch. 

It needs to be reverted to the "clear & obvious" which was intended. It needs everyone involved to calm the fck down and not seek advantage or disadvantage from measurements that you'd never see at normal speed, distance or angle, live by real people in normal time.

Unless everyone involved can do this then were fckd.  I'm not sure it's possible. 

The other option is to stop using it & get bavk to how we were with people accepting errors occur in life.

... & that's just VAR. The rules on penalties & offside just need sensible peiple to re-write them with common sense. Not that this is as common as we'd like to think.

• Members
1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

Have NBC commentary on Burnley v City. 

@Rudy is Stephen Warnock sucking you off? Fuck me if he blew anymore smoke off you and your teams arse you'd have technohead chasing after you

Not my team luv, just my employer

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Not my team luv, just my employer

I meant as in your underlings bud. Christ on a bike, if he mentioned one particular aspect of their game that was so impressive any more he would've spaffed on Dyches head. He was creaming over the shape each of them were in

• Members
3 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

I meant as in your underlings bud. Christ on a bike, if he mentioned one particular aspect of their game that was so impressive any more he would've spaffed on Dyches head. He was creaming over the shape each of them were in

Cant say I’ve ever heard him commentate 

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

City made it look so easy without breaking sweat gundogan was impressive again 

Arguably City’s best player this season