Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

18 minutes ago, little whitt said:

no one is better the GAZZA 

Gazza didn't win is first cap till he was 23 

He was 23 in the 1990 WC wasn't he? - so I presume he'd have been younger when he got his first cap.

I do agree though, Foden is looking the real deal, I think whilst he may not be better than Gazza a yet, he certainly will be

58 minutes ago, little whitt said:

September 1988: Comes off the bench to make his debut for England at Wembley against Denmark.

He turned 21 in May that year.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Champions League is meant to be in Turkey I think. Turkey just about to go into lockdown. Might hold final at Unibol or if not available surely an other English venue ? 

England's two oil clubs reaching the Final will be good to prevent international travel.When City won the Cup Winners Cup under 8,000 attended the Final in Vienna and Chelsea's following in Moscow was wank

1 hour ago, little whitt said:

Had this row on twitter other week...he’s already performing at a higher level than Gazza did in his whole career for a bigger club, under the best manager in the world and in a higher standard of competition.

I loved Gazza, but he never played at the level Foden is even now. 

Different eras obviously, but spurs and 1 min of an FA cup final was his club peak.  

Being star in a run to (possible) CL final > beating Egypt and Cameroon before Anyone starts :)

17 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

England's two oil clubs reaching the Final will be good to prevent international travel.When City won the Cup Winners Cup under 8,000 attended the Final in Vienna and Chelsea's following in Moscow was wank

Understandable you will not like flying, it can be dangerous 

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Had this row on twitter other week...he’s already performing at a higher level than Gazza did in his whole career for a bigger club, under the best manager in the world and in a higher standard of competition.

I loved Gazza, but he never played at the level Foden is even now. 

Different eras obviously, but spurs and 1 min of an FA cup final was his club peak.  

Being star in a run to (possible) CL final > beating Egypt and Cameroon before Anyone starts :)

yes you right there 

is club peak is not that great 

but England 1990 and Euro 1996 

Foden dose look the real deal 

what England have been missing 

34 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Think 90 World Cup was first time he started a game, so would have been 23 then

Gascoigne was first called up to the full England squad by Bobby Robson for a friendly against Denmark on 14 September 1988, and came on as a late substitute for Peter Beardsley in a 1–0 win.[113] He scored his first goal for England in a 5–0 victory over Albania at Wembley on 26 April 1989.[114] He made his first start in the following game against Chile, and kept his first team place for most matches in the run in to the 1990 FIFA World Cup.[115] He also played four games for the England B team. He secured his place in the World Cup squad in a 4–2 win against Czechoslovakia when he scored one goal and was a key component in the other three.[116]

From wiki - I thought he'd started games prior to World Cup 90.

He was brilliant in the game against the Czechs....

• Site Supporter

I'm a massive Phil Foden fan but Gazza was quite possibly the best player in the world at his peak, as short lived as it may have been. He took a World Cup by its throat & almost dragged us to the final. 

Foden has yet to hit that height but he is the real deal & should be one of the 1st names in any England team.