Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

I am delighted Middlesbrough lost, the Carling Cup Final was one of the worst days of my supporting  life.Aldershot, 0-6 and Middllesbrough in no particular order. I hope some of their fans as are pigsick this next week or two.

I am delighted Middlesbrough lost, the Carling Cup Final was one of the worst days of my supporting  life.Aldershot, 0-6 and Middllesbrough in no particular order. I hope some of their fans as are pigsick this next week or two.

Losing in a cup final for me was never as bad as a play off final or throwing away promotion at the end of very good seasons in 1976 & 1977. Having said that the Stoke 5-0 was hard to take for a while.

Losing in a cup final for me was never as bad as a play off final or throwing away promotion at the end of very good seasons in 1976 & 1977. Having said that the Stoke 5-0 was hard to take for a while.

Losing a cup final was worse than losing a promotion for me. A club like Bolton is likely to get promoted within a few years but we might never win a cup in our lifetimes.The Liverpool one didn't hurt so much with them being a far bigger club but Boro was our chance of glory against a similar club.A big part of the post Middlesbrough depression was missing out on Europe as well, little did i know we'd qualify the next season.

Losing a cup final was worse than losing a promotion for me. A club like Bolton is likely to get promoted within a few years but we might never win a cup in our lifetimes.The Liverpool one didn't hurt so much with them being a far bigger club but Boro was our chance of glory against a similar club.A big part of the post Middlesbrough depression was missing out on Europe as well, little did i know we'd qualify the next season.

I can see where you are coming from with the Boro final, we were simply too slow out of the traps as Boro were today. I think we would have made more finals  in the next 3 years but the draw never seemed to be as kind to us as it was for wigan and others who have ended up at Wembley finals.