Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manchester Christmas Markets

anewman

Christmas markets combine two things I hate: Christmas and Markets, so they can get fucked.

Three things for me, Christmas, markets (especially ones flogging rebranded/rebadged mass produced chinese tat as 'craft', or genuine 'craft' for that matter) and people.

No amount of glue and wine is enough to anesthetise myself to tolerate them.

flogging rebranded/rebadged mass produced chinese tat as 'craft', or genuine 'craft' for that matter

True dat.

We were at Anjuna market in Goa a few years ago, a lot of the stuff on sale there could be found on sale in the manc markets when we got back about 20x the price.

Either the little Nepalese chaps who made it down to Goa for the tourist season stowed away on our flight or some fucker is importing it by the bucket load and raking it in year after year.

Bloody markets, fucking Boooooo!

It's not even fucking Halloween and they've started with Christmas crap...

I went to a firework display last week in my shirtsleeves ffs.

All trying to jump the gun on squeezing us for money, well, they can piss off, they're getting sod all from me, until perhaps ten to four pm on the 24th December...

Christmas markets are fooking shit. Why do folk rave about them?

Remember playing City away one year and three quarters of the AHM were drinking mulled wine. Fucking poofs!

Before hijacking a van to the game with a load of City fans! Now that was an interesting ride!

I'm not averse to enjoying myself, I doubt others are either, we object to being told...

"Enjoy yourself NOW! (and spend to facilitate this enjoyment)"

Nobody is doing that though. It busy because it's popular. If it's not for you that's fine. It doesn't make it shit.