Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clocks Going Forward

globaldiver

One of my pet hates along with leaving a window open when the heating is on

Christ I thought I was angry when I read trafs post, no word of a lie given the lights we have, there can be well over 20 fucking bulbs burning at any one time in our place. A 3 bed semi. My missus turns the big lights on in the kitchen too (there's another light in there anyway), even though she's in the living room. What is the fucking point? Literally baffles me.

But the heating with windows open really gets my goat

'you can't heat the whole fucking world' I say to my family, but ironically that's probably what they are doing

'you can't heat the whole fucking world' I say to my family, but ironically that's probably what they are doing

We've had this discussion before, women seem to think it's possible to get a cool summers breeze through a property whilst keeping temperatures somewhere near 35 degrees in the middle of November.

We moved in August, baking the week we moved, came home from work on day 1 the heating was on full blast and freshly washed clothes all on the radiators. There's a fucking clothes line outside for fucks sake!

I honestly reckon I could save over 50 quid a month on gas electric if the Mrs would play ball.

The worst part of those circumstances described, is when you voice your opinion against waste - be it heat, light, food, water etc. you're regarded as some kind of anally-retentive control freak - whilst the wasters are obviously regarding themselves as being happy-go-lucky free spirits...

The exact opposite is true, pissing away your resources is pissing away money, money that has to be earned.

How can we be free(er) when we're all but trapped into working a good portion of time just to raise the portion of revenue that gets pissed away through waste?

I live alone these days. :)

Edited by Youri McAnespie