Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holden

davidjack

Would love his enthusiasm to pay off, deserves everything good that comes to him.

But he's probably not going to play for us again. I'd guess a career back in the US for a couple of years, then some media work.

He's one hell of a player. But if he never kicks a ball again, that winner against Rovers is something I'll be telling my grandkids about. Just as they were celebrating and giving shit to us, he pops up with a superb gaol. Nothing better than shutting up opposition fans just after they have scores and are taking the piss.

If he does play again, would NL want him? He's a free agent now and doesn't train at the club (as far as I'm aware). I recon he will stay in the states, which is a shame as I think he could do a job if he ever makes a come back

If there's some agreement that he can come back or we have first dibs etc.

Then I'm sure NL would be interested in him, as he'd be like a new/free signing.

If NL is soo happy with M Davies & Chung, then he'd love a fit Holden.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anytime I'm on TV, I get the inevitable "Get back on the field, why are you on TV so much" shout from friends and foes! All I can say is that the process of healing takes time and a man needs to eat!!! I think everybody can agree at this point that it would be detrimental to push this faster than need be, trust me, this is the hardest part.

I'm sure MOST are aware by now that I have NOT been under contract with Bolton since July 2014. While my plan is still to return to action with the club (COYW!), I've taken this opportunity to further my footsteps in the TV world and prepare for life after football (whenever that may be). It's something I certainly enjoy doing and hope to do post career, but not ready to do it full time quite yet!

I thank you for your continued support. Lookout for a comprehensive video on the behind the scenes of my rehab/daily life coming in the next two weeks by Arch Rivals FC. ‪#‎NoHoldenBack‬

Anytime I'm on TV, I get the inevitable "Get back on the field, why are you on TV so much" shout from friends and foes! All I can say is that the process of healing takes time and a man needs to eat!!! I think everybody can agree at this point that it would be detrimental to push this faster than need be, trust me, this is the hardest part.

I'm sure MOST are aware by now that I have NOT been under contract with Bolton since July 2014. While my plan is still to return to action with the club (COYW!), I've taken this opportunity to further my footsteps in the TV world and prepare for life after football (whenever that may be). It's something I certainly enjoy doing and hope to do post career, but not ready to do it full time quite yet!

I thank you for your continued support. Lookout for a comprehensive video on the behind the scenes of my rehab/daily life coming in the next two weeks by Arch Rivals FC. ‪#‎NoHoldenBack‬

Fuck the rehab videos it reminds of Owen Hargreaves attempt to get fit and I hope we don't see the same end result.

Well, interestingly my new staff member was at school with Stuart. Nice enough lad but failed his IB through cheating apparently which is why he only has his high school diploma.

But still, good bloke by all accounts from the posh international school friend.

Edited by Not in Crawley

• 5 months later...