Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Snooker

Cheese

I can't believe this shit is still televised, it really is dull as fuck. They need to do something to try and jazz it up,like only give them a maximum of 5 seconds per shot once they approach the table. Even then it would be dull as fuck, but at least it would be over sooner

I can't believe this shit is still televised, it really is dull as fuck. They need to do something to try and jazz it up,like only give them a maximum of 5 seconds per shot once they approach the table. Even then it would be dull as fuck, but at least it would be over sooner

they do have a format like that for a few comps

Why do people want games to be faster as if that is the solution to everything FFS?

You either like snooker or you don't.  If you don't fair enough but spare us the dull suggestions.

I hate motor sport so I suggest they get rid of safety helmets and only allow taking bends at 240 mph.

It might take longer.

It might take longer.

Yes, some players are really quick, some though can take what seems like an age working out what their next shot (or series of shots) are going to be

I don't particularly have anything against snooker, I used to play it several times a week (when I lived above a snooker club) - I just don't find it a interesting sport to watch. It always seems to be on one of the Eurosport channels though, so there clearly are a few people who still like it as a spectator sport

Yes, some players are really quick, some though can take what seems like an age working out what their next shot (or series of shots) are going to be

I don't particularly have anything against snooker, I used to play it several times a week (when I lived in Haliwell above a snooker club) - I just don't find it a interesting sport to watch. It always seems to be on one of the Eurosport channels though, so there clearly are a few people who still like it as a spectator sport

• Site Supporter

Where have all the characters from the sport gone? The folk who could play AND be entertaining. The current players, with very few exceptions really are dull as dishwater.

Where have all the characters from the sport gone? The folk who could play AND be entertaining. The current players, with very few exceptions really are dull as dishwater.

A lot of the characters in football from my youth turned out to be alcoholics.

Barry Hearn and his henchmen continually stifle the most entertaining player that's ever been in Ronnie O'Sullivan

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There were less top players when Hendry was dominating.

Hendry was a winning machine but Ronnie is the best to watch and will surpass most of SH's records.

Ronnie has also been the best over a number of eras and is still getting better at 43. Remarkable player.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Not bad for a bloke who got bored with the game. Having given up he must have realised that other folk with less talent were winning the prize money.

I think he said as much recently. He has also got his head together when he is not potting everything. 

• 2 weeks later...