Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

K O

RONNIE PHILLIPS

• Moderators

I thought you could only sue someone if it was false?

No, that's the point of it going to court.

You can sue anyone, as long as you are prepared to pay both costs when you lose. Interesting to see how this pans out.

No, that's the point of it going to court.

You can sue anyone, as long as you are prepared to pay both costs when you lose. Interesting to see how this pans out.

So, Oyston could have just been trying to scare him off?

Edited by boltondiver

• Moderators

So if your bank balance supports it you can spout as much shit as you want?

Some could argue that KO spouts a lot of shit but the people on the receiving end haven't got the funds (or possibly the inclination) to take action.

Pretty much, isn't it?

The caveat being that lying in court lands you behind bars. If what you are saying is true and you have proof then crack on.

Pretty much, isn't it?

The caveat being that lying in court lands you behind bars. If what you are saying is true and you have proof then crack on.

There's always a risk going into court, for both sides, but you seemed to be saying you had to have funds to spout bollocks which we all know from on here isn't necessarily the case.

Lying in court also needs to be proved before it lands you behind bars.

Missed the latest KO cracker. Apparently the goalkeeper, Joe Lewis on loan from Cardiff, if he plays one more game they owe them £40,000. KO wants to send him back but Cardiff have an agreement until the end of the season so won't play ball. Lewis is dropped for the Watford game and they concede 7! Asked why Lewis was dropped, Lee Clark said it was 'tactical'! How do you drop a player who has been one of your best performers and a goalkeeper at that for tactical reasons? Lost any respect I had left for Clark after that. Noticed he didn't play yesterday either.

KO taking the seaside shite back where they belong. What a guy!

If only a few ofstories you hear are true, I'm surprised the Oystons would want their business thrown into the public eye, which presumably a court case would create.

Having said that, father Oyston is shameless (allegedly).

OO sold his estate agency to Royal  & Sun Alliance for over £25M.

Bought it back a few years later for a nominal sum!

Is anyone feeling sorry for blackpool fans yet? Out of interest?

A bit torn really. The vast majority of their support certainly wouldn't be feeling sorry for us if we were in their predicament.

But if the boot was on the other foot I'd be apoplectic with what's going on.

It's the fans that have been there through thick and thin I feel sorry for really. One of my dads oldest pals has been going home and away since the 50's and was talking to him at my lads christening the other month. He was genuinely distraught at what was happening. He reckons Oyston&co and running the club into the ground and taking every last bit of money he can before he pulls out. Mostly in spite of the supporters.

A chairman getting involved in tit for tat rows with fans is poor form. Although very funny at times I must admit.

They will be playing non league football in 5 years. That's a fact.

A bit torn really. The vast majority of their support certainly wouldn't be feeling sorry for us if we were in their predicament.

It's the fans that have been there through thick and thin I feel sorry for really. One of my dads oldest pals has been going home and away since the 50's and was talking to him at my lads christening the other month. He was genuinely distraught at what was happening. He reckons Oyston&co and running the club into the ground and taking every last bit of money he can before he pulls out. Mostly in spite of the supporters.

A chairman getting involved in tit for tat rows with fans is poor form. Although very funny at times I must admit.

no, that's a prediction.

I predict they won't

• Site Supporter

If that really is the case then the sooner fans boycotted all games the better. Drive the club to the wall earlier giving ko less to take away. The resultant journey of rebirth and non league football would just happen earlier.

Would never happen though