Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Top Gear.

barryk32

I think the producer is top dog & runs the show. Clarkson, the one with the girly hair and the midget will do what he says.

Clarkson ran that particular show. Him and the bloke he worked with to relaunch it when it was on its uppers, have made millions selling the worldwide rights back to the Beeb, £14M in Clarkson's case. It's now the most watched BBC programme around the world.

Edited by COYW

Clarkson ran that particular show. Him and the bloke he worked with to relaunch it when it was on its uppers, have made millions selling the worldwide rights back to the Beeb, £14M in Clarkson's case. It's now the most watched BBC programme around the world.

He sold it back without penalty clauses. Then

He hit someone. He got sacked. End of story.

• Moderators

No complaints about them letting him go, I can't see any other way BUT the BBC (again), what a total fuck up they made of this whole thing.

They want to concentrate on making sure Oish (as they called him) is right. Fair enough. But they are happy to hang Clarkson out to dry. Left-wing right on bullying cunts.

• Site Supporter

Exactly true. He and the main producer (forget his name but GC mentions him a lot in his books) reset TopGear and made it into an entertainment rather than motoring show. They both worked very hard on its format and made millions out of it as well as BBC WW.

Was Clarkson acting like a spoilt cock fuelled by a few too many beers that night? Yes.

Did the producers fuck up a bit with no hot food, knowing him and what he likes? Yes.

Did the BBC have any other choice once it went public? No.

No complaints about them letting him go, I can't see any other way BUT the BBC (again), what a total fuck up they made of this whole thing.

They want to concentrate on making sure Oish (as they called him) is right. Fair enough. But they are happy to hang Clarkson out to dry. Left-wing right on bullying cunts.

Last bit is absolute nonsense. Only bully here is Clarkson.

Read somewhere today that the UK viewing figures now are the same as was when it was 'shit' pre Clarkson

I don't remember it getting over 5m viewers pre-Clarkson.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/16/bbc-top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspension

"The motoring show, fronted by Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond, is consistently BBC2’s most popular show of the week, last week watched by 5.1 million viewers (19.4%)."

To say that the BBC needs cleaning out is an understatement

I don't remember it getting over 5m viewers pre-Clarkson.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/16/bbc-top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspension

"The motoring show, fronted by Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond, is consistently BBC2’s most popular show of the week, last week watched by 5.1 million viewers (19.4%)."

Editor of the programme reckons it did.