Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Liverpool 0 Wanderers 0

DomRepWanderer

Let's be honest it is isn't a lot of effort or money to have if your living in Bolton to have a season ticket, all those who rarely go to away games don't really give up much time for the club. End of the day Season Ticket holders put the money in the clubs pockets, anybody who goes to away games isn't worth piss infact the likes of myself put money in other teams pockets rather than Bolton, no wonder were seen as no mark.

Season ticket holders put money in up front before a season without knowing how bad we will be. Which I think puts them ahead of the queue. Season ticket holders who go to every away game too deserve to be at the front probably.

But easy to go away when you're on a winning run. We'd not have filled the end at Huddersfield if we were bottom with Dougie in charge I don't think!

i think horwich meant the 'official' london whites

anyway, i believe they were told to call back thursday

hopefully they get them or don't get pissed off as our away attendances could be even more embarrassing they they already are.

i'm sure our new found away support will make up for them :good:

• Moderators

i think horwich meant the 'official' london whites

anyway, i believe they were told to call back thursday

hopefully they get them or don't get pissed off as our away attendances could be even more embarrassing they they already are.

i'm sure our new found away support will make up for them :good:

do you want a ticket or not you whining git?

do you want a ticket or not you whining git?

i'm not whining about me, i wouldn't lose any sleep

pisses me off the holier than thou that think doing two home games a season (travelling a couple of miles) makes them more entitled than someone like dan

if its ok with you, dan can have the ticket you got me

what's the fuss about going to this game, really don't get it.

get your money spent at Sheff Wed on Saturday, will be miles better.

no chance of winning the FA Cup, very slight chance of getting in the play offs.

if you can afford both, then go to both.

Spon on!

The new found away support will disappear again, how many did we take to Leeds again under Freedman this season(I was there), did many take a day of work to go to Norwich on A Friday night(I did, as it is 4 hours on the train from where I work). I have a huge amount of respect for season ticket holders who go to away games even semi regularly, but I don't think it's on that Season ticket holders who may not have gone to an away games since Wembley or only go to Wigan & Blackburn get priority. Again though it comes down to money and a season ticket holder is always going to be worth more than somebody who goes literally everywhere away from home.

Edited by SoberDan

Give it a rest Dan - going to Millwall, Reading, Charlton and Watford is about as much effort as it was to get Horwich when I lived in the North-West. 

There are plenty of ST holders who spend a fortune travelling up to Bolton for home games. I used to be one myself.

The new found away support will disappear again, how many did we take to Leeds again under Freedman this season(I was there), did many take a day of work to go to Norwich on A Friday night(I did, as it is 4 hours on the train from where I work). I have a huge amount of respect for season ticket holders who go to away games even semi regularly, but I don't think it's on that Season ticket holders who may not have gone to an away games since Wembley or only go to Wigan & Blackburn get priority. Again though it comes down to money and a season ticket holder is always going to be worth more than somebody who goes literally everywhere away from home.

There are relatively few fans who go to every away game but don't go to home matches. So you have to see the clubs point of view. Season ticket holders commit lots of money up front even though there is a chance it could be grim. Whilst I don't doubt your committment to Bolton the club has to have some sort of a measure to use to sort priority. Season ticket holders is a reasonable way to do it. Especially as lots of season ticket holders will at some point have travelled everywhere, but perhaps now cannot do it week in week out.

There are relatively few fans who go to every away game but don't go to home matches. So you have to see the clubs point of view. Season ticket holders commit lots of money up front even though there is a chance it could be grim. Whilst I don't doubt your committment to Bolton the club has to have some sort of a measure to use to sort priority. Season ticket holders is a reasonable way to do it. Especially as lots of season ticket holders will at some point have travelled everywhere, but perhaps now cannot do it week in week out.

every single one of us knows someone who has a ticket without having a season ticket so don't give me that bollocks.

I'm one of them.

Dan

I think everyone should have sympathy with your plight

I certainly do

It's just hard though to equate who does what to deserve tickets...the club isn't realistically going to work out how hard it was for folk to get to games. 

If we had regular ticket shortages I would advocate them looking into it more deeply. As we don't, they won't.

The one thing tI can say for certainty is that folk that are pissed off shouldn't stop going to away games due to it. You are cutting your nose off despite your face.

Sheff Weds on Saturday is an ace away day....don't miss it as it will be you that misses out

I think that there should be an audition for tickets a little bit like the xfactor. You cue up and have a minute in front of Gartside and a panel made up of bolton legends and is hosted by Vernon Kay and tell them how much it means to you how many miles you have travelled etc for the games, you have been a season ticket holder since 1982 or whatever.

They then decide who deserves the tickets. A fairer system and im sure that itv would bang it on the box.

Edited by dpr halliwell

Re the London Whites - none of them should get a ticket before season ticket holders are sorted (unless they are ST holders themselves)

Club in messing a ticket allocation shocker

They haven't all gone to season ticket holders

the system hasn't worked once again. i'm bored of this argument every time we have a big game.

meanwhile those who have tickets just shrug their shoulders and think fuck the rest

i know loads who have tickets who don't have a season tickets, as does everyone else on here.

Well said SJ. I apologise for my earlier rants but I would like to think some of you can see where I'm coming from. I have already brought train tickets & a match tickets for Wednesday & have already spent 2 days holiday and 4 days wages on train fares, match ticket and accommodation for Rotherham(I can't get back that day). So I'm certainly not going to throw the towel in just yet, but yesterday was the first time I really questioned my loyalty to the club. End of the day going to Bolton is all I do, after rent the next question I ask is how much do I need to allocate to watching my team, after that I will have £100 left a month if that. We all dedicate time and money to supporting our team, I know I'm not valued by the club, infact as individuals I know none of us are. We will see what happens.

Edited by SoberDan

I reckon fans with Bolton tattoos should get priority.

Then fans with Bolton mouse mats on their desk or Bolton thermos flask cups in their works van.

I had bolton wallpaper, bedding, lamp the lot in my room when I was a kid.

Do you think I deserve one or should I still have it in my room now I'm in my adult years just to make sure?

Well said SJ. I apologise for my earlier rants but I would like to think some of you can see where I'm coming from. I have already brought train tickets & a match tickets for Wednesday & have already spent 2 days holiday and a 4 days wages on train fares, match ticket and accommodation for Rotherham(I can't get back that day). So I'm certainly not going to throw the towel in just yet, but yesterday was the first time I really questioned my loyalty to the club. End of the day going to Bolton is all I do, after rent the next question I ask is how much do I need to allocate to watching my team, after that I will have £100 left if that. We all dedicate time and money to supporting our team, I know I'm not valued by the club, infact as individuals I know none of us are. We will see what happens.

Sorry to cover probably old ground,but what on your eyes,could the do club have done differently? An away match points system?

I personally don't think it's the clubs fault you live miles away and it's not viable for you to have a season ticket.

Fair play for your commitment etc,but I just don't understand what the club have done wrong bar ticket master fucking up. They are trying to rectify the cock up by all accounts.

There's no point playing the super fan routine as its your choice to do so. Yes,the club needs your support and loyalty and fair play for giving it em,but it's not the clubs business to make sure you get a ticket for a big cup game because you went to Norwich away on a Friday night.

Get on with it,put your toys back in the pram and work on how to get a ticket via other means.

We've all been there.

Keep your chin up Dan. Fwiw I would be gutted if I didn't get a ticket and understand your plight totally mate. Hopefully something comes about Thurs or a spare knocking. At the same time you cant knock s/t holders as that is the known criteria and only ever an issue every blue moon. Unfortunately unless a super fan system is set up it will always be hard to gauge.