Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Liverpool 0 Wanderers 0

DomRepWanderer

It's been confirmed by the club that you can travel back on the coach with a travel voucher, even if you make your own way there. Ye if there empty seats avalible on last coach

However, you'll need to wait for the last coaches to leave, as you won't have a coach number that got you there.

Just thinking back to the first time I saw us play Liverpool; it was a pre season friendly at Burnden one maybe two years after the White Hot game and we trounced them 4-1, they had this weird ginger coloured kit on. Back at an age when results like that made me think we were clearly one of the best teams in the country!

13 Sep 1967 Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers 1-1 League Cup
27 Sep 1967 Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool  3-2 League Cup

Went to the first game in the boys pen and 80 mins in the game they sussed out we were Bolton (13 year old at the time) and we were lucky to get out without a kicking

The reply was a wonderful night - Bolton sang 'we just hammered Liverpool' for months after

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

• Moderators

Just thinking back to the first time I saw us play Liverpool; it was a pre season friendly at Burnden one maybe two years after the White Hot game and we trounced them 4-1, they had this weird ginger coloured kit on. Back at an age when results like that made me think we were clearly one of the best teams in the country!

I think this game led to the end of Roy Evans. Could be wrong.

Remember that. Brought my mate from school with us and ended up having a scrap with some other lads on that waste land/beer garden round the back of the king bill.

That kit was horrendous.

Think Blackpool beat us at Burnden the week after In the marsden cup, 3-0.

haha they didn't have scouse accents did they? Some proper grim little corners around Burnden, some of us used to play football on the car park against the away end doors at Junior Whites instead of going on the astropitch where the actual games were (why?!) and that area down towards the subway under St Peters Way used to scare the shit out of me.

Im sure Liverpool had virtually a full team out in that game.

Remember that. Brought my mate from school with us and ended up having a scrap with some other lads on that waste land/beer garden round the back of the king bill.

That kit was horrendous.

Think Blackpool beat us at Burnden the week after In the marsden cup, 3-0.

I Rememebr it, I think it was McGinlays come back game from an injury and he shot straight from the Kick off.

Train for this one.

Sputnik

Sober Bat

Pinocheo's Dad

Shark

Departing from bolton.

Early Dart meeting up at victoria

Me. Howfen to Wigan / lime st. Late arrival be around 13.20.

Ashburner Street Market Fish Stall

Who knows ? Still munching Haggis last night.

Should be a goodun.

13 Sep 1967 Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers 1-1 League Cup

27 Sep 1967 Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool  3-2 League Cup

Went to the first game in the boys pen and 80 mins in the game they sussed out we were Bolton (13 year old at the time) and we were lucky to get out without a kicking

The reply was a wonderful night - Bolton sang 'we just hammered Liverpool' for months after

Replay was my first ever pro football match, 7 year old on me dads shoulders in the embankment just down from the manny rd turnstiles up from the corner flag. The smell of onions from the many hot dog stands was amazing, but the tight git never bought me one.

Edited by bgoefc

Super John

"Neil's got the boys believing again and playing for the shirt," stated McGinlay.

"It's actually very scary - the similarities to this team and the way they've started the season to how we did way back then. I've just got a feeling we might get the same result again as well."