Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where To Holiday 2016

Happy Wanderer

Mexico, Playa del Carmen this year so any tips on what trips to do, Chichen Itza is top of the list so far.

Sal, Cape Verde last year and we loved it, not a busy island yet but for what we wanted it hit the mark we will go back in a few years.

Also any one done Thomson premium seats on the Dreamliner and is it worth it, Thanks

Not at the prices they quoted me last year. Seats are bigger, screen is bigger and yes it is nicer. But you could get a half decent holiday in its entirety for what they wanted. And that was a discounted rate.

Personally though I always fly economy unless my employer is paying because its a few hours in the air either way. I watch films and therefore either use my ipad or the entertainment when it is there. Sure nicer seats and better service is nice but I'd prefer to use the money to have a nicer hotel where I will be for several days rather than a few hours in the air.

Chichen Itza is great by the way. Hope you get nicer weather than us in Mexico. Great place though!

I'd prefer to use the money to have a nicer hotel where I will be for several days rather than a few hours in the air.

kerfuckinching, pal.

Edited by boltondiver

Not at the prices they quoted me last year. Seats are bigger, screen is bigger and yes it is nicer. But you could get a half decent holiday in its entirety for what they wanted. And that was a discounted rate.

Personally though I always fly economy unless my employer is paying because its a few hours in the air either way. I watch films and therefore either use my ipad or the entertainment when it is there. Sure nicer seats and better service is nice but I'd prefer to use the money to have a nicer hotel where I will be for several days rather than a few hours in the air.

Chichen Itza is great by the way. Hope you get nicer weather than us in Mexico. Great place though!

We went to the vegetarian heritage site, Quorn Itza

Flying to Brisbane this year and just weighing up carriers. Anyone got good/bad experiences with Singapore/Cathay/Emirates?

All very, very good carriers, If you are looking to go to Australia id also consider Qatar and Turkish Airlines, flew Turkish recently, coach outbound Business return, both well above industry standards. The Middle East carriers are the ones with the money at the moment, and are setting standards that a lot of the more traditional carriers are stuggling to match.

• Site Supporter

US Deep South is great, loved New Orleans and Nashville.

Really can't be arsed going abroad this year - certainly not long haul anyway. Looe for a week in June then might have a week in the sun in about October if it pisses down in Looe

Ages 4,4 & 6?

Short haul ie Spain etc are best for flight times but Spain isn't particularly cheap for AI.

The further you fly ie Tunisia, Morocco, Turkey, Egypt the cheaper the holiday becomes, but can you do 3, 4, 5 hrs on a plane with the kids?

If you send me dates/budget I'll have a look for you, mate.

The last few years we've done a villa with own pool, but quite fancy looking at the all inclusive route this year.

I'll definitely need a swim up room though, because all that towels on sun lounger bollox really does my napper in.

expensive but try the sunrise pearl in protaras cyprus. Sunbeds are allocated on day 1 so you get the same bed everyday no need to reserve beds each morning or any of that caper.

also they do swim up rooms which are great with a private pool shared between four rooms max.

expensive but try the sunrise pearl in protaras cyprus. Sunbeds are allocated on day 1 so you get the same bed everyday no need to reserve beds each morning or any of that caper.

also they do swim up rooms which are great with a private pool shared between four rooms max.

Ta for that - will have a nosey

The last few years we've done a villa with own pool, but quite fancy looking at the all inclusive route this year.

I'll definitely need a swim up room though, because all that towels on sun lounger bollox really does my napper in.

Plenty of places won't let you do that. Though they tend to be the more expensive end of the market. Failing that find a large place as pretty much there will always be loads of loungers available whenever you want one even if some morons do get up at silly o clock to put the towels out.

Mexico, Playa del Carmen this year so any tips on what trips to do, Chichen Itza is top of the list so far.

Sal, Cape Verde last year and we loved it, not a busy island yet but for what we wanted it hit the mark we will go back in a few years.

Also any one done Thomson premium seats on the Dreamliner and is it worth it, Thanks

Booked these for Florida last year - Dreamliner was out of service for the outbound and inbound flights. Fair to say I wasn't too happy and wasn't given a lousy apology when emailed about it. Wouldn't touch Thomson with a bargepole.