Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where To Holiday 2016

Happy Wanderer

• Site Supporter

yes us, we went on it in 2009. i think it has had a refurbishment since then.

it is a mid sized ship cica 2000 passengers and not like the new mega ships.

P & O cater for the british holiday maker, so you may find a few older moaning folk (who only sail P & O !)

they charge in pounds rather than euros or dollars, drink prices are comparable to a city centre bar.(good value)

entertainment on P & O is generally very good, you must try marco pierre white restaurant it's fantastic.

they lay on free shuttle buses from the port to the nearest town , this will save you a small fortune.

genoa is a very old working port, if you have kids , there is a great aquarium , otherwise not much else to do , so you might want to take an excursion somewhere.

livorno, ,easy to get the train to pisa or florence easy to do yourself.

naples , you have to choose from city tour (last option ), pompeii,mount vesuvuis, amalfi coast, capri.each trip is brilliant.

dubrovnik,first  go up the cable car to the old fort , pay to get in , modern history , with very passionate tour guide.then walk the walls.

if this is you first cruise ,please go with an open mind. you will love it.

Excellent, thanks Victor. Yeah, first cruise but looking forward to it. I don't like sunbathing so holidays of doing/seeing plenty is what I go for - sounds great

I don't know if anyone has asked something similar previously but, I'm going to Corfu early August and have one of those prepaid exchange cards but I'm unsure about getting money out over there now with all the goings on. Anyone know any actual information whether it'll be okay or would it be best to get the cash off it and go with that?

I don't know if anyone has asked something similar previously but, I'm going to Corfu early August and have one of those prepaid exchange cards but I'm unsure about getting money out over there now with all the goings on. Anyone know any actual information whether it'll be okay or would it be best to get the cash off it and go with that?

Just got back. No cash in any ATMs. Most holiday makers were working in the tavernas to pay for their meals or offering handjobs to the locals. Have a gopd time.

Just got back. No cash in any ATMs. Most holiday makers were working in the tavernas to pay for their meals or offering handjobs to the locals. Have a gopd time.

Heard the poor Greeks are mugging tourists for fun. Knowing that they are all walking round with wads of cash. I'd take a baseball bat for sure.

• Site Supporter

Are cruise ships not just floating old people's homes?

Not at all , day at sea today, full of families , young couples , and a few oldies. Take your pick , from surfing, bumper cars, I fly , London eye style observation point, 16 bars ,18 different dining venues, spa , indoor and outdoor pools, so much to keep you entertained.

Check out , royal carribean anthem of the seas.

Not at all , day at sea today, full of families , young couples , and a few oldies. Take your pick , from surfing, bumper cars, I fly , London eye style observation point, 16 bars ,18 different dining venues, spa , indoor and outdoor pools, so much to keep you entertained.

Check out , royal carribean anthem of the seas.

I love cruising holidays...wake up somewhere different almost every day