Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Zach Clough

gonzo

3 hours ago, Walkden White said:

Clough is like many flair players in the Championship and League 1 - great on his day but his days are too infrequent and you struggle to get him on the pitch because of injury.

I think you're right. It's shame as he started so well. Give it about 10 years, and people will forget he ever existed. Such a shame.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, LodgeMorrWhite said:

The lad clearly had talent but at 24 he needs a run of games in the right team. I think Kevin Davies was 25 when he signed for us, and at the time most would of predicted his career was on a downward spiral. 

Davies had to reinvent himself as a hard-as-nails forward. Which he did with massive success.

Can't see Clough making the same transformation

Many moons ago knew chesterfield fan (can't remember if s/t holder). Told me KD was always out on the piss in chesterfield or Sheffield and the club weren't impressed so looked for opportunities to get rid

After he scored the hatrick against us they offered us the chance to sign him but we turned them down 

7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Many moons ago knew chesterfield fan (can't remember if s/t holder). Told me KD was always out on the piss in chesterfield or Sheffield and the club weren't impressed so looked for opportunities to get rid

After he scored the hatrick against us they offered us the chance to sign him but we turned them down 

Worked out in the end

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Clough obviously doesn't have the physical stature. Davies never had Clough's technical abilities.

Water under the bridge now. Unless Clough does end up back.

Bet he could win more headers than Magennis (Clough)

• 6 months later...