Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Paris Shooting.

leigh white

• Site Supporter

12 dead now. Sky running video footage of them executing a police officer in the street with his hands raised in surrender (although they do cut the video off before the final shot). They got back in their car and fucked off. Unbelievable.

• Moderators

I haven't seen the satire which caused the upset.

Is that bloke Salman Rushdie still on the run for his Satanic Verses?

well, just assume its taking the piss out of mohammed et al

are you surprised?

i'm not

• Site Supporter

When I'm drunk enough, I tell people it's all being organised by Murdoch to sustain the 24 hour news channels because, let's face it, an endless loop of stories about politics just doesn't pull the viewers in.

Luckily, I'm sober most of the time so think that the truth is more likely to be that there's very little anyone can do about random, one off swivel-eyed lunatics determined to kill Joe Public.

It's certainly not the fault of any of the muslims I know, who think this type of thing is bad enough without dragging perfectly innocent peaceable types like them into it.

as an employer, i wouldnt choose to put my staff at risk

Thats simple appeasement. As I said what next? Suppose thinking along those lines your future replacement will be asking all women staff to cover their heads with scarfs?

• Moderators

Thats simple appeasement. As I said what next? Suppose thinking along those lines your future replacement will be asking all women staff to cover their heads with scarfs?

Bit like how you are choosing to mouth off on here but presumably not somewhere the fundamentalists will hear you. Playing it safe.

When I'm drunk enough, I tell people it's all being organised by Murdoch to sustain the 24 hour news channels because, let's face it, an endless loop of stories about politics just doesn't pull the viewers in.

Luckily, I'm sober most of the time so think that the truth is more likely to be that there's very little anyone can do about random, one off swivel-eyed lunatics determined to kill Joe Public.

It's certainly not the fault of any of the muslims I know, who think this type of thing is bad enough without dragging perfectly innocent peaceable types like them into it.

Bang on.

Bit like how you are choosing to mouth off on here but presumably not somewhere the fundamentalists will hear you. Playing it safe.

Nothing I have written on here that I would not say face to face to them. That is if they were brave enough to show their face. But carry on with your petty issue with owt I say.

• Members

are you surprised at what has happened?

Jesus H! Listen to yourself FFS. We live in the free West.

If we executed every fucker who criticised religious, community and political leaders, the worlds population would be halved.

Hopefully, you'll be forced to revisit your appeasement when the time inevitably comes.

Nothing I have written on here that I would not say face to face to them. That is if they were brave enough to show their face. But carry on with your petty issue with owt I say.

I'm willing to bet an awful lot of money you wouldn't say it to Jihadi John and his mates somewhere in a desert in Northern Iraq.

• Site Supporter

I'm willing to bet an awful lot of money you wouldn't say it to Jihadi John and his mates somewhere in a desert in Northern Iraq.

What the fuck has that got to do with anything??!? I'm willing to bet an awful lot of money you'd suck Jihadi John's cock if you were stranded in the desert with him and he pointed a gun at your head.

• Members

WTF? Why the fuck does a desert in Northern Iraq come into it? They can fucking keep the godforsaken shithole. Very happy for them all to go to that area of the world and stay the fuck away from places like Paris which I like to visit from time to time.

I'd face Jihadi John under the right circumstances (i.e. me holding a primed flamethrower).

What a fucking stupid thing to say? This is England, part of Western Europe  in the 21st century not some 8th century backward desert.

Are you lot truly frightened of Jihadi John? Chamberlain had nowt on some of you lot. 

What a fucking stupid thing to say? This is England, part of Western Europe in the 21st century not some 8th century backward desert.

Are you lot truly frightened of Jihadi John? Chamberlain had nowt on some of you lot.

Wasn't your point that you'd gladly stand in front of an Islamic fundamentalist and extol the virtues of freedom of speech and your right to publish cartoons of Mohammed?

For what it's worth, I agree with you, we do have a right to do it (although it doesn't necessarily mean we should) - I just very much doubt you'd be that vocal about it if you thought your life was at risk.

• Moderators

Jesus H! Listen to yourself FFS. We live in the free West.

If we executed every fucker who criticised religious, community and political leaders, the worlds population would be halved.

Hopefully, you'll be forced to revisit your appeasement when the time inevitably comes.

are you surprised it happened or not

• Site Supporter

are you surprised it happened or not

Obviously nobody is "surprised" as such - more like sickened and outraged. Are you saying the right thing to do is to accept their demands and sensor what we say and do in case we upset them?

Maybe we should have left the Nazi's to it as we knew what they were up to, so shouldn't have been surprised if they continued to ethnically cleanse the world. Just keep schtum and hope they don't come for us eh.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators

pretty much this

there's nowt we can do, so keep publishing the cartoons i say and all the rest of what we do that they don't like, we certainly can't live in fear of the mentalists, or fear of who we think they might be

i just hope that one of them dies, and comes back as a ghost to tell his mates that the stuff about 100 virgins or whatever it is turned out to be bollocks and he's now just bored, and they'll pack it all in