Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Margaret Thatcher Day

Boby Brno

• Members

Lets not forget Labour are the party of the people, standing up for ordinary working folk up and down the country.

That's why they abolished the 10p tax band and MIRAS meaning if you were a low paid or/and a homeowner you ended up paying more in tax. Add to this a 10% hike in National Insurance, and 70% increases in council tax and yeah, they were bang on the mark looking after the working masses.

The only people to benefit were the bone idle as benefit payments soared, so Mr & Mrs Joe Public worked their arses off paying more and more for folk to sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle. But its the party of the people, don't forget.

If they got the next gig would scrap married persons tax relief, further hitting Joe and his wife. But hey, there's plenty on here fucking brainwashed enough to forget or ignore these things.

They proper took the piss out of the working classes when they were in power, but if you don't look you don't find.

I wouldn't let them run a fucking bath. Trouble is, I've fuck all faith in Cameron and his mates either!

A far age awaits you, young man.

Lets not forget Labour are the party of the people, standing up for ordinary working folk up and down the country.

That's why they abolished the 10p tax band and MIRAS meaning if you were a low paid or/and a homeowner you ended up paying more in tax. Add to this a 10% hike in National Insurance, and 70% increases in council tax and yeah, they were bang on the mark looking after the working masses.

The only people to benefit were the bone idle as benefit payments soared, so Mr & Mrs Joe Public worked their arses off paying more and more for folk to sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle. But its the party of the people, don't forget.

If they got the next gig would scrap married persons tax relief, further hitting Joe and his wife. But hey, there's plenty on here fucking brainwashed enough to forget or ignore these things.

They proper took the piss out of the working classes when they were in power, but if you don't look you don't find.

I wouldn't let them run a fucking bath. Trouble is, I've fuck all faith in Cameron and his mates either!

For balance I think it is important to note that Blair's Labour was a very different beast from EMs. Labour are now talking about tackling low pay and addressing the ever increasing inequality in the UK. The question is more can they do it. They certainly are proposing more for low paid working folk than the Tories are. On paper at least. Again comes down to whether they can fund it properly. I doubt it.

As an aside for the life of me I cannot see why married folk should get tax relief other than in some awful social engineering experiment. Scrapping that would be a decent idea in my book.

For balance I think it is important to note that Blair's Labour was a very different beast from EMs. Labour are now talking about tackling low pay and addressing the ever increasing inequality in the UK. The question is more can they do it. They certainly are proposing more for low paid working folk than the Tories are. On paper at least. Again comes down to whether they can fund it properly. I doubt it.

As an aside for the life of me I cannot see why married folk should get tax relief other than in some awful social engineering experiment. Scrapping that would be a decent idea in my book.

It's worth a maximum of £314 a year, so it's daft anyway.

The rationale might be to support marriage as the best environment to bring up children. I guess £314 isn't much of an incentive.

• Site Supporter

They proper took the piss out of the working classes when they were in power, but if you don't look you don't find.

Don't be surprised if you see this exact post word for word on my facebook feed sometime soon.

Consider the next round mine when I ever see you.

It's worth a maximum of £314 a year, so it's daft anyway.

The rationale might be to support marriage as the best environment to bring up children. I guess £314 isn't much of an incentive.

Clearly that is the rationale but I totally disagree with it, let people marry if they want. Don't pay them to do so. Or penalise them for not. It isn't the Governments place to moralise on issues like that.

That's pretty much where I'm at.

All politicians are lying cunts and just wear different coloured rosettes

Think I've mentioned this before but always make me chuckle. Last election a neighbour of mine put a sign in his window which read.

'Political Canvassers. Do not come knocking at my door. Labour, Conservatives - you are both cheeks of the same arse'.

They will do well to sort out low paid end of the market because they fucked it up when they let a million migrants in to take the jobs our lot didn't want because they were getting well paid to sit at home smoking. Fucking master plan that one was. Secured a few million votes though from the workshy.

What they really mean is they're going to increase the minimum wage and get someone else to pay for it which is fine if you want employers to employ less people.

They will do well to sort out low paid end of the market because they fucked it up when they let a million migrants in to take the jobs our lot didn't want because they were getting well paid to sit at home smoking. Fucking master plan that one was. Secured a few million votes though from the workshy.

What they really mean is they're going to increase the minimum wage and get someone else to pay for it which is fine if you want employers to employ less people.

I vote, it's the workshy who cant be bothered to vote.

• Members

Clearly that is the rationale but I totally disagree with it, let people marry if they want. Don't pay them to do so. Or penalise them for not. It isn't the Governments place to moralise on issues like that.

So you don't agree that the (traditional) family unit is the bedrock of our society then and therefore should get government support/encouragement? No doubt you;d argue for fag err, homosexual 'couples' to get the same benefit if perceived as a 'family unit'.

The problem with the Thatcher good or bad argument is that she polarises both sides of the argument the truth is she did some very good things for the country but also some shockingly bad, in my eyes the unions needed curbing and rightly so however after that she did not do enough to help and repair northern communities who suffered greatly in the years after mines and factories were closed, investment in our manufacturing sector and our people was badly needed to allow the country to remain a manufacturing power here she and her party badly let down the country.

Oh and the Falklands would never of happened if the government hadn't gone to sleep on their watch but that gave the little Englanders a chance to flag wave and make them feel important fucking pathetic that our people died needlessly because of her governments ineptitude.

Now don't get me started on the labour party muppets.????

Edited by Mounts Kipper

The problem with the Thatcher good or bad argument is that she polarises both sides of the argument the truth is she did some very good things for the country but also some shockingly bad, in my eyes the unions needed curbing and rightly so however after that she did not do enough to help and repair northern communities who suffered greatly in the years after mines and factories were closed, investment in our manufacturing sector and our people was badly needed to allow the country to remain a manufacturing power here she and her party badly let down the country.

Oh and the Falklands would never of happened if the government hadn't gone to sleep on their watch but that gave the little Englanders a chance to flag wave and make them feel important fucking pathetic that our people died needlessly because of her governments ineptitude.

Now don't get me started on the labour party muppets.????

Agree mostly with that. Whilst there is No doubt that manufacturing was already in decline before she came to power the vindictive way she went about dismantling what was left should never be forgotten.

• Members

Agree mostly with that. Whilst there is No doubt that manufacturing was already in decline before she came to power the vindictive way she went about dismantling what was left should never be forgotten.

What she faced with leftist troublemakers shouldn't be forgotten either. Nor should the way she tackled it and won.

Interesting that such a Labour mon should have a moniker which is an anagram of frail liar.

So you don't agree that the (traditional) family unit is the bedrock of our society then and therefore should get government support/encouragement? No doubt you;d argue for fag err, homosexual 'couples' to get the same benefit if perceived as a 'family unit'.

I don't think anyone should get benefit for being married or otherwise. Let people do what the fck they want as long as it is legal and let them get on with it. Don't pay them to do it or penalise them for not. Bit like child benefit, ultimately it just gets abused by some. Paying people to have more and more children still grinds my gears.

Don't get me going on fucking child benefit. Created after the war to encourage folk to breed. Now we've got a shortage on school places as everyone is bastard breeding! Please stop rewarding the breeders, how about a bonus for those of us who haven't?

Don't get me going on fucking child benefit. Created after the war to encourage folk to breed. Now we've got a shortage on school places as everyone is bastard breeding! Please stop rewarding the breeders, how about a bonus for those of us who haven't?

Like an idiot I waited till I was earning a suitable salary before deciding to have kids. Seems that doesn't matter really. My view is that if you can't afford to look after them don't have them!

Edited by bwfcfan5

Trouble is no politician will touch the child benefit issue as it is a potential vote loser. Pity nobody has the balls to come up with a policy of capping child benefits to a maximum of 2 children per family.  Another benefit dodge that needs stopping is

GP's concurring with parents that their child is hyperactive, prescribing them Ritalin for which parents get an extra £60 per child per week.  .

Like an idiot I waited till I was earning a suitable salary before deciding to have kids. Seems that doesn't matter really. My view is that if you can't afford to look after them don't have them!

Is the correct view

If people stop "breeding", as you delightfully put it, how many businesses go bust?