Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Liverpool 2

Happy Wanderer

Let's not forget who they play on sat

Liverpool have never won an FA Cup tie on 4th February.

They have drawn one and lost two - but what is strange is that all three games were against Everton.

And in 1931-32 Bolton beat Liverpool twice at Burnden, both by 8-1, and both after Liverpool scored in the opening 10 minutes.

One was the Lancashire Senior Cup in a replay after drawing at Anfield. Liverpool were the holders.

Bolton went on to win that competition, which generally attracted stronger teams than the League Cup (or even FA Cup do nowadays.

The other was the final league game. The reverse match at Anfield was another draw.

Seven Liverpool players appeared in both matches (though not the first-choice keeper).

But Lucas and Henderson only played the cup game.

Strange but true.

My cousin was in the shop yesterday when 2 asians with Scouse accents where trying to buy tickets and they got fucked off

ha ha, so was I. Right attitudes they had too. The older one as they were walking out said, don't worry son, we will try again on the day, so I grassed them up to the lad in the till, I hope their photos are on the window Wednesday night.