Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Liverpool 2

Happy Wanderer

He made the shit challenge cos of cloughs shit play

But like I say, its not a time for negatives

Agreed - but Clough's young & learning. Danns is experienced & was on a yellow. Not unlucky; not a silly mistake in the circumstances.

But two fantastic performances against a top Prem side. Big signs of progress with new younger players to come in, our Academy players making great strides. It's got exciting again.

I'm glad they got the second

Reckon it would've been four or five if it went to extra time

I came away happy and proud

Any fcuking amateur tacticians really need to give it a rest, tonight

Maybe its a different game on the telly but frankly I don't care what you think

Agree with all of that sums it up for me.

Right, anyone coming on here with criticisms of any of our players or tactics need to have a day off. That was a great effort, well done lads. Let's celebrate the good stuff. Proud to be a Wanderer.

Ryan, not now son. Thanks.

Bang on, how anyone can pick at that performance is shameful, don't need negativity like that from "fans".

I am gutted, Players were outstanding tonight everyone of them left everything on that pitch and they looked genuinely gutted at the end.

Thank you Neil Lennon for giving the club it's identity back, feel good factor is back.

Bang on, how anyone can pick at that performance is shameful, don't need negativity like that from "fans".

I am gutted, Players were outstanding tonight everyone of them left everything on that pitch and they looked genuinely gutted at the end.

Thank you Neil Lennon for giving the club it's identity back, feel good factor is back.

You can say that again :)

Cannot fault that performance, Mills was on his arse after putting in a ridiculous shift, Ream yet again phenomenal and what more can we say about Vela? Going to be an incredible player for us. 

But Danns has let us down tonight, it's been building a while, dallying on the ball, making bad decisions. He's in much need of a rest but that first yellow was a shocker, so to see the second didn't surprise me in the slightest. 

Gerrard was delightfully shit and Steriling is a cunt. 

To a man our lads gave everything and left everything out there, I'm a proud Wanderer tonight. 

I'm glad they got the second

Reckon it would've been four or five if it went to extra time

I came away happy and proud

Any fcuking amateur tacticians really need to give it a rest, tonight

Maybe its a different game on the telly but frankly I don't care what you think

This with bells on

Great performance tonight, can be proud of our performance.

Good to see the west stand lower packed again but bloody annoying that people started leaving after the second goal. The team deserved to be clapped off.

Be interesting to see how many turn up the next home game hopefully tonight's performance will entice people back for championship matches.

Liverpool fans were shit only started singing once they had scored!

It was the 'Wanderers' one that used to be across the seats in the South Upper when the hotel was being built and I'm sure it was in ESU at the first game vs Everton. Someone must have been cleaning their garage out.

I was near the front of it so it was just over my head. It fucking stunk and the white bits looked like Big E's boxers after a night on the Guiness. I would imagine if it made it on to the TV it looked tinpot as it only went from Row T to Row Z.

Lennon said danns was unlucky

From ninety yards away the first was a clear card and no argument with the second

First was harsh, second was nearly a red on its own I thought.

NL has two teams out against one if the form teams in the premiership and if has taken over 3 hours for them to take a lead.

Mills was superb up front, I would have taken him off rather than Clough as he was fucked.

Clough probably learned more tonight than any other game he has played in. If Trotter or Pratley had played like him tonight pick forks would be out, I am not saying we should slag Clough off, quite the opposite, he needs support but so do other players.

Watched both games on tellybox. Both times I have been proper impressed with the commitment, organisation and teamwork. Yes there have been mistakes but fuck me we have been playing a team costing millions. Before NL there would have been no replay just a cricket score. Can't fault any one tonight not even Danns. Silly maybe, committed yes. But most importantly Proud to be a Wandererer

I'm one who makes a dart for it on final whistle most games but not tonight, heroic effort from a depleted Championship side nearly did for a multi-million pound Prem outfit. Everybody's picked over the ifs and maybes so I won't, just proud of the team and our club again. Top night regardless of the result

Should have been a foul on Clough 4 seconds before Danns got his 2nd yellow. No arguements about the second yellow apart from play should. Have been stopped before danns had to make a challenge

All if buts and maybes but there was a clear foul on Clough