Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby Is Back....

Underpants

• Moderators

That's one of the reasons it's wank. Keep the game flowing and let athletes do what they do best.

Odd then that Edwards pre match saying England use the RL technique - his words not mine - of blocking

Remind us how many tries were disallowed in not so super league last year for obstruction

I think they said 60?

The second row forward who ran into the cushioned post but didn't get the ball to its base to score is also a Bath player.

That was Haskell, you mean Attwood. We're gonna look even better when Launchberry & Parling are back,and the media darling Lawes on the bench.

Odd then that Edwards pre match saying England use the RL technique - his words not mine - of blocking

Remind us how many tries were disallowed in not so super league last year for obstruction

I think they said 60?

Not sure about that but even if it was, put in context of just over 200 super league games it's fuck all. One obstruction in three games...aye, that's probably the number of tries full stop in union.

Either way, it was wank and a reason they changed the rules because it was turning some games into a farce.

Folk don't pay money to watch a bloke with a whistle interpreting technicalities to the nth degree. Play the game for fucks sake. As for blocking...fuck knows what he's on about because you can't do that in league.

What Catt is saying is if performed correctly it's legal. And it is. The defender has to read the play, if he's too thick fat or slow then he won't. Still doesn't mean you can block. I could bore you rigid with how it should and should not be done and Edwards knows as well as anyone what can and can't be done, maybe it's the ref that doesn't or lazy defenders. Thing is, league tweaked the rules to give more freedom to the attacking team. Still doesn't mean they can block though. It means the defender has to be more alert.

I think they said 60?

Makes me feel old to see Edwards, as I saw his dad make his debut for Warrington in the mid 1950s as a 16 year-old.

Enjoyed both saints v Catalan and England v Wales.

Wish penalties were worth less in Union. More playing with the ball in hand would be better. The kicks end to end annoy me. As they did when I played.

Good day of sport thougg