Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby Is Back....

Underpants

I know. They will be empty too. Been there several times, in fact Leigh played the first game there and beat Salford easily. The last time I was there Marwan was asking if was Leigh's home ground would they fill it more than Salford or Sale. Given its location they would struggle filling it with anything.

Anyway I'm going because I want to see how union can polish a turd and sell it for £100+ a man. Got to give them credit there, they do it fucking well!!

About 4000 at Sale and poor standard of rugby. Apart from a few, they can't pass, catch, or run with the ball. Core skills were shockingly bad. I do like the line outs though, they're growing on me a bit. As for rucks and mauls...yawn. One started just as I went for a piss, came back and they were still rolling around in the same place with the ref stood with his arm up probably saying he'd seen an infringement in a different postcode 20 minutes earlier.

Was impress with a lad called Tom Arslett though - I reckon he could step up and play league. Good hands and pace on the lad...Some of the welsh lads were just fat lads which is just odd next to athletes - its like fat camp morphed with marine camp...proper odd.

What was good was the fans plaza area outside which even with maybe 4000 on was busy and the corporate areas were well looked after. Give union their due they put a good event on.

• Moderators

About 4000 at Sale and poor standard of rugby. Apart from a few, they can't pass, catch, or run with the ball. Core skills were shockingly bad. I do like the line outs though, they're growing on me a bit. As for rucks and mauls...yawn. One started just as I went for a piss, came back and they were still rolling around in the same place with the ref stood with his arm up probably saying he'd seen an infringement in a different postcode 20 minutes earlier.

Was impress with a lad called Tom Arslett though - I reckon he could step up and play league. Good hands and pace on the lad...Some of the welsh lads were just fat lads which is just odd next to athletes - its like fat camp morphed with marine camp...proper odd.

What was good was the fans plaza area outside which even with maybe 4000 on was busy and the corporate areas were well looked after. Give union their due they put a good event on.

bits ive seen of haley, hes looked a good young un

About 4000 at Sale and poor standard of rugby. Apart from a few, they can't pass, catch, or run with the ball. Core skills were shockingly bad. I do like the line outs though, they're growing on me a bit. As for rucks and mauls...yawn. One started just as I went for a piss, came back and they were still rolling around in the same place with the ref stood with his arm up probably saying he'd seen an infringement in a different postcode 20 minutes earlier. Was impress with a lad called Tom Arslett though - I reckon he could step up and play league. Good hands and pace on the lad...Some of the welsh lads were just fat lads which is just odd next to athletes - its like fat camp morphed with marine camp...proper odd. What was good was the fans plaza area outside which even with maybe 4000 on was busy and the corporate areas were well looked after. Give union their due they put a good event on.

Dont think I would pay to watch any code of rugby if I'm honest. To see what all the fuss is about I might be tempted to take in a freebie at Leigh at a push.

Edited by Underpants

Dont think I would pay to watch any code of rugby if I'm honest. To see what all the fuss is about I might be tempted to take in a freebie at Leigh at a push.

When I reached 7 my dad was prepared to take me to watch Warrington RL. But he didn't want to pay if I wasn't able to retain interest throughout the game. So the first Saturday after my birthday he took me to see Latchford Albion* v Widnes St Maries on Victoria Park. Must have passed the test.

* they were the only club to reach 20 points against Wigan in an RL Challenge Cup match in the 1950s.

• Members

Winner takes all, the only 2 teams who can win a slam.

Correct. I was merely considering the following two games which seem very winnable.

Just Ireland away looks like a potential banana skin. Here's hoping. I love beating them on their own patch.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Always enjoy beating the Jocks at anything but more points would have been better. The way England started I thought we were going to score 40+.

Still, the frogs are no great shakes this time around so there are reasons for optimism. I would just rather the 4 point advantage we have over the Irish was 14 or 24!