Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby Is Back....

Underpants

• Members
15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What a guy!

As explained elsewhere, Northern Soul night at the Irish Club in Subiaco - first Saturday in every month. Pure coincidence the big game was on same night.

There were more Irish tricolours there than Irish fans. The roar when England scored that early try stopped passing traffic!

• Site Supporter

Quite like the way Scotland try to play; quite a quick, running style.

As someone who isn't deeply into the sport, I find the flowing game more pleasant to watch.

That said over the years I've got to understand and appreciate other aspects. England's defense last week was excellent.

Guest Nordkurve
3 hours ago, Matt said:

Two scrappy none events going off the highlights of yesterday’s games. A typical Irish performance  and still not seen Wales at their best. 

Anyway get the job done today, before thinking about a huge game 3. 

Let's see which French team turn up. I agree though, the Wales game is massive. They are on a pretty decent run but I have to say the manner of England's victory in Dublin despite their last minute Try really impressed me. A lot more disciplined than previously. I think putting Farrell back in to his natural No.10 position made a big difference.

• Members
14 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Let's see which French team turn up. I agree though, the Wales game is massive. They are on a pretty decent run but I have to say the manner of England's victory in Dublin despite their last minute Try really impressed me. A lot more disciplined than previously. I think putting Farrell back in to his natural No.10 position made a big difference.

Eddie is a shrewd fucker. He has form for going easy on his squad in years prior to leading up to major events and then producing a team capable of going all the way when it matters.

No one would be bold enough to say we'd win the World Cup but I will go out on a limb and say I believe we will go very close. I would not be at all surprised in a Grand Slam is registered this time around. I looked out over Jordan and what did I see..........................

Interesting habit we've developed of scoring early tries.

Guest Nordkurve
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Eddie is a shrewd fucker. He has form for going easy on his squad in years prior to leading up to major events and then producing a team capable of going all the way when it matters.

No one would be bold enough to say we'd win the World Cup but I will go out on a limb and say I believe we will go very close. I would not be at all surprised in a Grand Slam is registered this time around. I looked out over Jordan and what did I see..........................

Interesting habit we've developed of scoring early tries.

Fewer mistakes, fewer transgressions. The squad is as good as it has ever been. The Wales game in two weeks is the key now. If we give a good showing in that game it bodes well for the World Cup. Keeping players injury free of course will play a big part in it, but this is the best squad we have had for a good few years now. France though, what a mess they are at the moment. I have never seen them lose the Ball so much. It's clear we wanted it so much more than them. The 44-8 result doesn't really do England justice to be honest. It should have been more, but we have played two of the big guns and have a points difference of 48 already. I think every England fan has to be more than happy with the start to this Six Nations.

• 2 weeks later...

TMO gave dubious blocking call to rule out England try minutes from the end and then didn't go to TMO for grounding for Wales in red time from a maul when replays didn't show a clear try with England bodies looking to be under the ball.

I did watch the second half after getting back from the pub so may be proved to be talking bollocks.