Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby Is Back....

Underpants

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Worst refereeing performance at an elite level rugby match you will ever see that. Utter arrogance from the frog cunt. 

We are going backwards though as a team and something just isn’t right. Is that the coaching team has ran its course or just the freakish nature of a covid riddled year and disruption? Not sure. 

I think teams have their peak then need rebuilding. Jones seems to have a knack of building towards tournaments, and it wouldn't surprise me to see players being tried over the next couple of years with a view to peaking at the next world Cup.

Perhaps some dips are inevitable. 

• Site Supporter

Went on a cruise a few years ago, weekend we lost 3-2 or 4-3 at QPR. Anyway, got friendly with a Welsh couple, the bloke couldn't believe I had no interest in the rugby match and didn't want to watch it.

Anyway, Wales v England since then invokes that memory.

As you were

57 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Went on a cruise a few years ago, weekend we lost 3-2 or 4-3 at QPR. Anyway, got friendly with a Welsh couple, the bloke couldn't believe I had no interest in the rugby match and didn't want to watch it.

As you were

If you like it or not you are now @victor meldrew
best friend.

Expect a PM.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

As you were

Swinger alert 🚨 

Jones continuing to pick the Saracens players who have no club season is farcical or shows players have the power in the set up.

Farrell taking on a 45m penalty outside his best range when Daley is stood behind him was arrogant beyond belief

Shame Rees-Zammit chose Wales over England.  Unbelievable pace.

44 minutes ago, green genie said:

Jones continuing to pick the Saracens players who have no club season is farcical or shows players have the power in the set up.

Farrell taking on a 45m penalty outside his best range when Daley is stood behind him was arrogant beyond belief

Shame Rees-Zammit chose Wales over England.  Unbelievable pace.

A weeks gap and then France.

What will he do? 

They seem to have got their shit together. Maybe not the game to experiment but 6 of the starting 15 yesterday were Sarries. He’s put himself in very much a tricky spot. 

On 27/02/2021 at 20:55, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think teams have their peak then need rebuilding. Jones seems to have a knack of building towards tournaments, and it wouldn't surprise me to see players being tried over the next couple of years with a view to peaking at the next world Cup.

Perhaps some dips are inevitable. 

Agree with this if we stick with jones we won’t be far off when next World Cup comes along. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Matt said:

Italy need canning from this tournament. Not even competitive, get the dirty argies in.

Georgia should be given a chance.

be ace if the Argies could be part of it though.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Georgia should be given a chance.

be ace if the Argies could be part of it though.

They are already in a tournament?

• 8 months later...
  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Watched the "new" England grind out a result against the Aussies yesterday. Australians were slightly better than I expected.  England at the stage the French looked a couple of years ago. Big test against a bullying Boks next week.

Eddie's at the wheel.

Ireland were exceptional.

Irony of a match winning tackle being made by a kiwi in an Ireland top seems to have escaped the Patrick’s at full time though.

• 2 months later...