Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby Is Back....

Underpants

3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

The reason that I got into Wigan RL was that my mates dad was their accountant and we got free tickets for the game. Their gate numbers made about as much sense as those at Burnden in the late 70s. Those bags of cash from the turnstiles were worth well more than the actual value as we all know 

Enjoyed the ironic laughs from the crowd when they announced from the tannoy the attendance at BP.

2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

The reason that I got into Wigan RL was that my mates dad was their accountant and we got free tickets for the game. Their gate numbers made about as much sense as those at Burnden in the late 70s. Those bags of cash from the turnstiles were worth well more than the actual value as we all know 

honestly mate i have never been in a crowd packed i like that, could not do it now adays

ale was passed over heads from the bar but it reached a stage i could not get my hands down into my pocket the crush was so bad

strangely i had no problem slideing my hand into the front pocket of the lady rammed up against me

3 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

remember a bit of a brawl at Burnden when  Warrington played in a semi 

But got involved in a full on scrap outside Knowsley road in the 80s

proper full on running skirmishes

I was a steward at burnden when I was 15 (told them I was 18 no cunt checked) so got to see the real glory days of John Thomas and being relegated by aldershot and got paid!! Did manny road north mostly but did the Wigan widnes semi final in the long steps end of burnden paddock... some bolton tried to smash through them big gates at the end then proceeded to throw 500 bricks over aiming at the lads sat on top of the bogs in the corner. They were catching them and chucking them back...all over my head. Pants were shat.

2 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Changed a bit more now but still in England’s favour! 7-18 up but a shame I’m listening to it with accompanying gibberish🤪

Muted it; don’t want that foreign nonsense down my earhole!

16 hours ago, Morizio said:

Yes but can we hold it together and finally go the distance next week against the French!

I see the ABs twatted the argies earlier but I’ve got us as the current best team in the world. 

The way that player strength and fitness has put defences and set pieces as decisive factor in most games Shaun Edwards inspired French will be real test and the Boks still team to beat.

2 hours ago, green genie said:

The way that player strength and fitness has put defences and set pieces as decisive factor in most games Shaun Edwards inspired French will be real test and the Boks still team to beat.

It is a test and another sporting event I’m looking forward to!

Covid has cocked up the springboks being able to play, so my statement is a bit of a play on words and the current situation. 

• 2 months later...