Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coast To Coast

jules_darby

absolute chaos tonight before the game and the tables must only have been 2/3s full

Been in twice now and the same both times; forgotten drinks; food taking ages; all the tables around us moaning

Shame really as it has potential...just seems to be run terribly

I would imagine it's a staffing issue. Must be hard having a mad surge of people attending both the bar and restaurant twice a month. Unless you have mega flexible staff, zero hour contracts or temps it'll be hard to justify staffing up to the required match day level for most days. I would also say today's attendance is probably the highest since the place opened, therfore probably the busiest match day they've seen.

You're in recruitment though so you should know that! ;-)

absolute chaos tonight before the game and the tables must only have been 2/3s full

Been in twice now and the same both times; forgotten drinks; food taking ages; all the tables around us moaning

Shame really as it has potential...just seems to be run terribly

All the pretentious ones seem to gather there pre match

There was a time - when eating was cheating...

There was a time - when pre-match fayre was restricted to either a bag of dry roasted or a bag of cheese and onion, and only if you were in grave danger of shitting your next pint of cider/lager/bitter (delete as applicable) straight out of your arse into your trousers...

There was a time - when a pie at halftime would be the sole food consumed of a Saturday, until an elephant leg kebab in the early hours of Sunday...

Now there is a time, where people are drinking £5 bottles of crap lager and eating £4 tiny zinc buckets of chips - and sat down if you please!

:)

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

You keep saying this over and over again

Often when you're not even at the match

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you repeat it enough it becomes true.

Last time I went, Bi E's three burgers arrived on time. And his massive plate of nachos.

When I was a teenager and most others of my former circle were busy getting into smack or (dis)organised crime, I used to kill an evening by wandering down to McDonalds and getting a couple of cheeseburgers, then I'd wander down to Burnden to watch the stiffs, I used to get a litre of 'Special Red' cider and sneak it in in the paper bag, and drink deeply from it...T'was quite enjoyable.

There was a time - when eating was cheating...

There was a time - when pre-match fayre was restricted to either a bag of dry roasted or a bag of cheese and onion, and only if you were in grave danger of shitting your next pint of cider/lager/bitter (delete as applicable) straight out of your arse into your trousers...

There was a time - when a pie at halftime would be the sole food consumed of a Saturday, until an elephant leg kebab in the early hours of Sunday...

Now there is a time, where people are drinking £5 bottles of crap lager and eating £4 tiny zinc buckets of chips - and sat down if you please!

:)

Those times are both now Youri

The first is away games

The second home games

Simple really