Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Millwall 0

frank_spencer

Our home record is magnificent since Lennon took over. One defeat in the league to Watford and even that was a game we should have taken a point from. I think only Boro have a better home record during that period.

Th'East Midlands Whites are just back and are drinking heavily/medicinally.

That's a bit quick I hear you ask?

Aye, well never made the game.  Turned me ankle over yesterday and this morning thought it stings a bit but a quick squirt of deep heat will sort it.

By the time I got to Knutsford Services it was fucked; so that set me back time-wise while I hoped a break would help. By the time I got to Bolton the car engine was coming out in sympathy and delivering no power and rattling faster than George in a duty free knocking shop. Parks at me old mum's in Daisy Hill and realise a front brake is smoking like a fucking bonfire. Get Th'AA out and the eventually he turns up and ultimately fettles the stuck brake, though with no guarantee it'll stay that way.  By that stage I'd not make it before the 2nd half, so I think sod it - left me Mother's Day card and headed back - on the basis that if it fucked again then the earlier that happened the better. But in fact journey down was fine.

So, no game, £35 worth of petrol down the shitter (as the AA guy pointed out "it will have hit your fuel consumption as well" and he was right) and I'm in fucking agony.

But at least me old mum got her card and we won.

Th'East Midlands Whites are just back and are drinking heavily/medicinally.

That's a bit quick I hear you ask?

Aye, well never made the game. Turned me ankle over yesterday and this morning thought it stings a bit but a quick squirt of deep heat will sort it.

By the time I got to Knutsford Services it was fucked; so that set me back time-wise while I hoped a break would help. By the time I got to Bolton the car engine was coming out in sympathy and delivering no power and rattling faster than George in a duty free knocking shop. Parks at me old mum's in Daisy Hill and realise a front brake is smoking like a fucking bonfire. Get Th'AA out and the eventually he turns up and ultimately fettles the stuck brake, though with no guarantee it'll stay that way. By that stage I'd not make it before the 2nd half, so I think sod it - left me Mother's Day card and headed back - on the basis that if it fucked again then the earlier that happened the better. But in fact journey down was fine.

So, no game, £35 worth of petrol down the shitter (as the AA guy pointed out "it will have hit your fuel consumption as well" and he was right) and I'm in fucking agony.

But at least me old mum got her card and we won.

Bloody hell Satan, that's all a bit shitty

At least we won and you are able to drink heavily

Thought Walker did ok, gave the ball away too easily at times, but showed some promising runs and touches.

Danns was lucky to stay on til half time, titting about with the ball nearly cost him. think he's suspended for 2 games now anyway.

Punting the ball up to Eidur and ALF isnt going to be a successful strategy no matter how much of the 2nd half we tried.

Good result though considering our cobbled together side.

Great result. Awful perfomance. Like watching paint dry. Millwall will be wondering how they didn't smash us. Dominated the game but then that is football. Difference was we had a finisher and they didn't.

Edited by bwfcfan5

How will Millwall be wondering how they didn't smash us? Thought they were awful and won't be here next season. I know we weren't much better but 3 points is all I wanted. Nice to see Walker get a chance but I'm sure he wasn't in the original line up, did Janko get injured in warm up? Like the look of McCarthy, Bannan played well again and so did Amos and of course ALF. don't agree Feeney deserves a mention, I find him very frustrating, ok for what we are now but if we want to improve he shouldn't be near the starting XI. Just let's not get beat next week and send Blackpool down next home match

• Site Supporter

Two one on ones missed, no surprise they are in the bottom 3. ALF sublime finishes. Chris Walker unlucky. Poor overall IMO, did we have 40% possession?

Got a severe talking to off a normal top-of-the-steps steward for singing "That's why you're going down!"

Came running up the steps and told us we were inciting a riot.

He got told to fuck off so went running down to get the heavy mob... And they laughed at him and also told him to fuck off.

He made himself look a right knob head.

Got a severe talking to off a normal top-of-the-steps steward for singing "That's why you're going down!"

Came running up the steps and told us we were inciting a riot.

He got told to fuck off so went running down to get the heavy mob... And they laughed at him and also told him to fuck off.

He made himself look a right knob head.

Shakes head in disbelief - I got frisked and asked to verify my pic n mix wasn't a flare Edited by onlyoneawalker