Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich 1 Wanderers 0

L/H White

Our one chance taker wasn't playing. Davies isn't one for sure. Hall will be out in Summer, clearly not rated by NL

Another rag bag assortment of a team necessarily turned out, should have got a result away against a top six team, as frustrating a period of watching us as I can remember for many a day. Despite all the chopping and changing and square pegs in round holes, we're not getting panned and should have got at least six more points than we have over recent weeks.

Will be glad when it's over to be honest, so we can see how NL gets to shape things over Summer.

Just got back

Was in a box with a good view and my thoughts on the game:

1  trotter did little wrong but nothing spectacular

2 The little boy was all over the place and had a belting game; be good to get him for another season

3. The chances we missed where unforgiveable - should have bagged at least 3 tonight

4. Bannon and Hall were crap when they came on and Hall lost the ball leading to their goal

5 Craig Davies played very well against two tough CB's but his finishing is awful

6. Gudjohnson was awful

7, Overall we were the best team on the night but counts for nothing

8. According to the score board there were 249 whites there that makes it 250 with me

9. Compare was Brian Hamilton (Ex Northern Irish Manager) a really nice guy 

All theseinjuries haven't helped but I am concerned with NSL comments about the players DF said the same its not good for team moral keep it in the dressing room.

Everybody keeps saying about a clear out end of season we have no fecking money to buy players so how are we going to replace them!

All theseinjuries haven't helped but I am concerned with NSL comments about the players DF said the same its not good for team moral keep it in the dressing room.

Everybody keeps saying about a clear out end of season we have no fecking money to buy players so how are we going to replace them!

Yes this is concerning. To keep publically slamming players is dangerous when we might well be stuck with them and even if we aren't we won't have much to replace them with. I get he's frustrated and I agree with what he says that we have too many spineless and mentally weak players. But he says it after every loss now and let's be honest in the summer he won't be able to make wholesale changes. Worried he will alienate too many players at this rate.

• Site Supporter

Yes this is concerning. To keep publically slamming players is dangerous when we might well be stuck with them and even if we aren't we won't have much to replace them with. I get he's frustrated and I agree with what he says that we have too many spineless and mentally weak players. But he says it after every loss now and let's be honest in the summer he won't be able to make wholesale changes. Worried he will alienate too many players at this rate.

Slate the players.. See which ones use the criticism to improve and work harder in training..

Hence the weak links..

In my yoof I once got told I was lazy when we got Dave Barber is as manager. Knuckled down got fit and played like Bobby Moore after that until my Achilles got snapped. One or two players fucked off and went elsewhere as they couldn't handle the criticism, most stayed and turned the team into league winners

Its all about attitude, those not willing can fuck off ie rob hall

If stuff needs to be said then NL should say it and i couldn't give a flying fuck if the players don't like it, i get pissed off with having to massage their fucking egos, fuck um if they don't like it, if i'm shit at my job (which i'm not) i would get told.

If NL didn't say anything in public folk would moan, if he does folk moan, we as supporters want to know our managers thoughts so as far as i'm concerned he can slag the fuckers off 24/7

If stuff needs to be said then NL should say it and i couldn't give a flying fuck if the players don't like it, i get pissed off with having to massage their fucking egos, fuck um if they don't like it, if i'm shit at my job (which i'm not) i would get told.

If NL didn't say anything in public folk would moan, if he does folk moan, we as supporters want to know our managers thoughts so as far as i'm concerned he can slag the fuckers off 24/7

There is a balance though. Saying it a couple of times is fine but too much and you turn into angry Roy Keane.