Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich 1 Wanderers 0

L/H White

If stuff needs to be said then NL should say it and i couldn't give a flying fuck if the players don't like it, i get pissed off with having to massage their fucking egos, fuck um if they don't like it, if i'm shit at my job (which i'm not) i would get told.

If NL didn't say anything in public folk would moan, if he does folk moan, we as supporters want to know our managers thoughts so as far as i'm concerned he can slag the fuckers off 24/7

THIS

and looked at the BWFC website last night

there is 32 first team players

MMW he will know who is staying and who is getting fucked off

THIS

and looked at the BWFC website last night

there is 32 first team players

MMW he will know who is staying and who is getting fucked off

Interesting question for Malc;

When did we last use so many players in a season?

The away form is a farce, although the home form has been mainly excellent. There is something wrong somewhere.  

The season has become somewhat disappointing after the promising start made by NL. Injuries have not helped obviously.  

That said, we would have been happy with being safe at this stage when NL came, such was the points total when he arrived.

I still feel that he will improve the team and next year is his year, not this. I am however unsure of his Management style of constantly blaming the players for being "weak" and the like. Some things should be left in the dressing room.   

Its amazing how quickly you just become an average Championship Club after all the recent highs of Europe.

I'm bloody glad I was part of it.

I honestly feel we are at the stage where top half next season would be deemed successful.  

Our home results have been reasonably good. Our away results appalling.

Home performances however haven't been as good recently as over Christmas & New Year. And there must be some connection between our inability to control possession and see out games at the Macron and our regular pointless away games.

IMO.

Home performances however haven't been as good recently as over Christmas & New Year. And there must be some connection between our inability to control possession and see out games at the Macron and our regular pointless away games.

IMO.

I think the injury list must be taking it's toll

Roll on next season

Guest Blixa

I think the injury list must be taking it's toll

Roll on next season

The Pratley factor!

You don't know what you've got until you lose it.

IMO.

When was the last time our away results where anything less then appalling ?

• Moderators

from the highlights it just shows how blinkered some folk are

hall - who i cant stand - gets ripped to pieces for losing a ball in a tight spot in the centre circle

nowt said about ream as last man farting about - again - and getting dispossessed

He continued: “Come on, give Bolton some credit. I didn’t see any mugs on their team by any stretch of the imagination. They’ve got good players. They came and surprised me slightly by playing 3-5-2, 3-4-3, whatever number you want to put on it.

“Rochinha was a handful and we had to stop him in the second half (by switching to 4-3-3) which worked. Thankfully we pinched it. The burglars came. There’s been a robbery!”

....made me feel a bit better that.

Looking at those highlights the two golden, golden chances are for Rochina and Davies. Rochina clean through puts it wide and Davies misses at the end when it looked easier to score than miss.

However, Ipswich also looked like they had enough chances. We're too easy to create chances against for me. The midfield isn't strong enough and the defence is not dependable. If we can fix that for next season I really do think with Clough and a couple of additions we'd have enough to seriously challenge. Even without ALF. But the foundation has to be right and that has been the case for a long time now and nobody seems to have fixed it yet.

From the highlights and the recent home games I have seen Mills is having a mare I will be surprised if he is here next season looks to have switched off to me, throw in Trotter he is a bad un does not even use his one attribute his size, think he is another out of the door, Bannan seems flakey when I have seen him away from home although he is excellent at home but we cant be carrying him away from home so reluctantly I would send him back, Wheater seems an injury waiting to happen he can go as well for me, Eidur could be a luxury we cant afford especially away from home so that's going to be a big decision.

The retained list should include Feeney/Vela/Clough/Walker/ Lonergan/Ream/Pratley/Danns/ C.Davies/Clayton I would like us to add Janko/McCarthy/Le Fondre but the big issue to me is our back 4/5 who have been poor for years now and this lot have had more than enough chances, I would keep only 1 of Wheater/Mills/Dervite and with us needing 2 new full backs can we also afford  new centre halfs?

If we can get Mark Davies fit before the end of season I would hope to put him in the shop window and try to bring in some money for him. This close season is going to be a monumental job, especially with our finances but its not impossible as Ipswich did not spend money last close season and have had a decent season. We have to be very very careful we could easily end up with a very inexperienced squad next season and that's a worry.        

Edited by Mounts Kipper

From the highlights and the recent home games I have seen Mills is having a mare I will be surprised if he is here next season looks to have switched off to me, throw in Trotter he is a bad un does not even use his one attribute his size, think he is another out of the door, Bannan seems flakey when I have seen him away from home although he is excellent at home but we cant be carrying him away from home so reluctantly I would send him back, Wheater seems an injury waiting to happen he can go as well for me, Eidur could be a luxury we cant afford especially away from home so that's going to be a big decision.

The retained list should include Feeney/Vela/Clough/Walker/ Lonergan/Ream/Pratley/Danns/ C.Davies/Clayton I would like us to add Janko/McCarthy/Le Fondre but the big issue to me is our back 4/5 who have been poor for years now and this lot have had more than enough chances, I would keep only 1 of Wheater/Mills/Dervite and with us needing 2 new full backs can we also afford  new centre halfs?

If we can get Mark Davies fit before the end of season I would hope to put him in the shop window and try to bring in some money for him. This close season is going to be a monumental job, especially with our finances but its not impossible as Ipswich did not spend money last close season and have had a decent season. We have to be very very careful we could easily end up with a very inexperienced squad next season and that's a worry.        

Personally I think Mills and McCarthy would be fine as a centre half pairing. We need to find a pairing and stick to it.

Ream isn't a great defender in my book, I'd like to see him in midfield. I certainly don't think defensively he's great as a player in a back 4.

from the highlights it just shows how blinkered some folk are

hall - who i cant stand - gets ripped to pieces for losing a ball in a tight spot in the centre circle

nowt said about ream as last man farting about - again - and getting dispossessed

This.

After he gets dispossessed (and tried to get it back) their players take it past a further SIX bolton players before it gets scuffed in from a mishit.

Not that I'm blaming any of our players because I'm not convinced there was much more they could do to stop that goal. It's just one of those "take it on the chin" goals.

I'm more pissed off with Eidur than anyone else for missing his chance in the first half. Davies and Rochinha missed, sure, but they were running to get on the end of flowing moves. Eidur was stood still on the six yard line with the goal at his mercy and was played the perfect ball.

But nobody will slag him off - no let's all get on Davies and Hall's backs.