Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sky V Virgin?

worthy10

Been with sky for many years. I like to review it occasionally to weigh up the alternatives.

I have all the sport/HD and multi room. Phone , broadband with Sky. I pay about £90 a month.

Is it a mither changing and is it worth the hassle ?

Thanks

• Site Supporter

Been with sky for many years. I like to review it occasionally to weigh up the alternatives.

I have all the sport/HD and multi room. Phone , broadband with Sky. I pay about £90 a month.

Is it a mither changing and is it worth the hassle ?

Thanks

pretty much the same, without multi room. Sick of virgin bombarding me with junk mail. Try to disguise it now so you'll open the envelope. Think I'll stick with sky

Phone sky up

Tell them you are moving to virgin

They wont want you to move

Sky will knock a load off your bill

Use your noggin

I tried this and spent a while checking the virgin package I was going to tell Sky I was getting.

Call went along the lines of;

"I'm leaving for Virgin so want to cancel my Sky TV, Phone and Broadband"

"Let's see if there's anything I can do Sir ..................... no there's nothing we can do as you can't get Virgin at your address"

"Ok I'll stay as I am, bye"

Probably worth a check on the Virgin site first! 

And if and when the box plays up (I've had to call them out once in 15 years, and not at all for at least the last 3 years(ish) that I've had the Tivo - you contact them and they repair or replace it - no fucking about writing to one of the Murdochs to try and get them to replace it.

I've got everything except Sky sports & movies - BT Sports 1&2 are included, and I use Acestream or KODI for HD sports, and movies I very rarely watch or get from the usual sources

• Moderators

And if and when the box plays up (I've had to call them out once in 15 years, and not at all for at least the last 3 years(ish) that I've had the Tivo - you contact them and they repair or replace it - no fucking about writing to one of the Murdochs to try and get them to replace it.

I've got everything except Sky sports & movies - BT Sports 1&2 are included, and I use Acestream or KODI for HD sports, and movies I very rarely watch or get from the usual sources

see, for me that is 'sky'

well, not the movies

no sport and i wouldnt have it