Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bournemouths 3 Wanderers 0

L/H White

The Bournemouth love in was irritating, but I watch the Sky coverage of our last game at Burnden for example and expect I'd be pissed off if I were a Charlton fan. Shit to listen to if you're the makeweights in the story - I just hope it's our turn for something big again soon.

• Site Supporter

Enjoy your view through the rose tinted glasses. Nothing other than realism on here tonight

Don't get me wrong that was poor and the defence in particular needs a shake up at best. But I would say there's definitely an overreaction when some people thought we should swat Bournemouth away, that Mark Davies is a right off having only just returned and still finding match fitness and that Tom Walker after breaking into the side these last few months showing some promising signs is now useless

Don't get me wrong that was poor and the defence in particular needs a shake up at best. But I would say there's definitely an overreaction when some people thought we should swat Bournemouth away, that Mark Davies is a right off having only just returned and still finding match fitness and that Tom Walker after breaking into the side these last few months showing some promising signs is now useless

Rose-tinted glasses? :D

• Moderators

True enough, but you see the point.

Look at the bench tonight. Threlkeld, Woolery, Taylor & Twardzik.

#barebones

threlkeld did well enough at brentford

i know we're scratching around but we could have played 442

he chose not to

thats his right, but dont make out it was forced on him

I do and I agree. I expect a better season next year without a doubt.

I got to thinking about the players out injured. Every now and then I remember yet ANOTHER player who's out.

McNaughton

Mills

Wheater

Clough

Trotter

Pratley

Vela

C Davies

Clayton
Tierney

and those are just who I can think of off the top of my head who are still out injured. Half of today's team had been out injured at some point or other as well.

It didn't really matter what the set up was tonight. The much hated 3 5 2 or 4 4 2 or 4 5 1. The outcome would have been the same against Bournemouth. Better players not the formation would have made a difference and we have precious few of those at the moment who are available to play. Not sure a fully fit team would have produced a  different result either. That's were we are at the moment. Can Lennon build a new team next season to be at least be a top half side? It will be a huge task without better players joining the club.

Moxey is the worst player I have seen wear a Bolton shirt since we were in the third division; 

Dont understand the Ream bashing - he was barged off the ball early on and the officials just let it ride - he wasn't good tonight but compared to Moxey and Dervite - no words can describe their performances

He should have fucked both Bannan and Danns for good - both useless 

And poor old Feeney - he has just got to go - him and Moxey are complete tosh and not just on tonights performance

Walker lost confidence as the game went on and should have also been replaced; Heskey was well Heskey and ALF never had any service to comment on him.

Oh did someone say Mark Davies was playing tonight?

It was a nothing game for us but I was embarrassed in the pub and I dont want to see lack of effort like that again

Pity we couldn't bin the lot of them

Social media has a lot to answer for. Fuck me, listen to yourselves! (some of you). We were beaten by the best team in the league - who needed a win to get promotion to the top division for the first time in their entire history. A team who've scored goals for fun this season - against much better defences than ours (which is shit, by the way - and entirely Freedman's and Coyle's). We're limping to the end of our 4th - at least - sorry season in a row, patched up, with a lot of the players who we'll mount a challenge with next season still out injured. I hate to think what wandererways would have looked like in 1985-86...after games like Bristol City at home.

Let's get a win on Saturday, re-group over the summer to get ready for a decent year ahead...but most of all, calm the fuck down! Some of you will be dead from the stress of it all otherwise and miss out on our renaissance.

NLSWA.

Social media has a lot to answer for. Fuck me, listen to yourselves! (some of you). We were beaten by the best team in the league - who needed a win to get promotion to the top division for the first time in their entire history. A team who've scored goals for fun this season - against much better defences than ours (which is shit, by the way - and entirely Freedman's and Coyle's). We're limping to the end of our 4th - at least - sorry season in a row, patched up, with a lot of the players who we'll mount a challenge with next season still out injured. I hate to think what wandererways would have looked like in 1985-86...after games like Bristol City at home.

Let's get a win on Saturday, re-group over the summer to get ready for a decent year ahead...but most of all, calm the fuck down! Some of you will be dead from the stress of it all otherwise and miss out on our renaissance.

NLSWA.

I agree, mate, but what did you think of our attendance tonight?

On to next season. We are shite. Freeman really fucked us over for this season. I just hope Lennon puts together a half decent side to go with some of the youngsters we've got coming through.

. Good point made. Freedman ,coyle and garty are a set of cnts . Fucked us right over. We live in hope.

I'm willing to give 3-5-2 a chance beyond the 3 being dervite ream and moxey and also with pratley in the 5 or if not him someone with "legs" - any of the top sides in the champ play 3-5-2??

Watford did early on and most of last season. It can work. They didn't alternate each and every week between 3 and 4 at the back though.