Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bournemouths 3 Wanderers 0

L/H White

• Site Supporter

Without doubt it's the personnel that doesn't work, not the system. We could play 10 behind the ball and still let goals in, our defence is simply as bad as it's been for years.

If we sign players used to playing 352 who stay fit and have a bit of talent, it can work

Let's not forget when Lennon came in we were bottom. ITS JOB DONE for this season thank fuck we didn't drop.

Same as what megson did but that wasn't good enough.

For me Lennon has a lot to prove yet.

Onwards and upwards next season but any of you thinking we will be above mid table are mental.

• Site Supporter

The Sky Sports folk interviewed either the Bournemouth skipper or manager after the game and he went through a list of folk who need thanking publicly for their part in the elevation of little Bournemouth to the heady levels of football we enjoyed for a while.

One of the groups of people he thanked were the club medical, fitness and physiotherapy staff, then went on to say that, thankfully, they'd remained largely injury free the whole season.

THAT'S what wins you promotion. You can't have a first team squad of 12 or 13 players as a constant when they aren't remaining fit.

• Site Supporter

The Sky Sports folk interviewed either the Bournemouth skipper or manager after the game and he went through a list of folk who need thanking publicly for their part in the elevation of little Bournemouth to the heady levels of football we enjoyed for a while.

One of the groups of people he thanked were the club medical, fitness and physiotherapy staff, then went on to say that, thankfully, they'd remained largely injury free the whole season.

THAT'S what wins you promotion. You can't have a first team squad of 12 or 13 players as a constant when they aren't remaining fit.

Watched a documentary about their physio staff, and they all said it was better than (probably) most Premier League clubs. I assume they have a sound basis for saying that.

Look how many late goals we've conceded, it's no coincidence. Physically fit, mentally fit.

Same as what megson did but that wasn't good enough.

For me Lennon has a lot to prove yet.

Onwards and upwards next season but any of you thinking we will be above mid table are mental.

Lennon has brought the club together; Megson was tearing it apart

He also left us in the relegation mire

Tit (you and Megson)

Lennon has brought the club together; Megson was tearing it apart

He also left us in the relegation mire

Tit (you and Megson)

Coyle pulled the club together.

Let's not get giddy. Yes he is doing ok but we are not anywhere near a decent team

Last night was shite. But in the grand scheme of things, it meant fuck all. No need to panic lenny will start rebuilding and we are on our way back up the league.

That's what I've tried to tell myself, it was embarrassing last night and I've got plenty of shit for being on TV, BUT I'd be surprised if there are more than 2 of that team last night starting the 1st game of next season.

The reason I'm not writing off next season just yet is because I don't think the last 2 months are any indication of who or how we will play next season. The 1 constant will be the manager and I've still got plenty of trust in him.

That's what I've tried to tell myself, it was embarrassing last night and I've got plenty of shit for being on TV, BUT I'd be surprised if there are more than 2 of that team last night starting the 1st game of next season.

The reason I'm not writing off next season just yet is because I don't think the last 2 months are any indication of who or how we will play next season. The 1 constant will be the manager and I've still got plenty of trust in him.

absolutely. Better to piss about with this shit now than next pre season and become 10 points adrift like normal. He knows what he's doing.

What are people seriously expecting to happen in the summer? Lennon can't turn water into wine. He's going to have an incredibly limited budget to rebuild a squad with. If we stay up again he will have done well. We have had four seasons now where each and every season we've sunk lower on the ladder. The decline has well and truly set in and sounds like Eddie wants out.

Unless we get investment and a chance to start a fresh we will be treading water at absolute best.

Edited by bwfcfan5

Guest Blixa

What are people seriously expecting to happen in the summer? Lennon can't turn water into wine. He's going to have an incredibly limited budget to rebuild a squad with. If we stay up again he will have done well. We have had four seasons now where each and every season we've sunk lower on the ladder. The decline has well and truly set in and sounds like Eddie wants out.

Unless we get investment and a chance to start a fresh we will be treading water at absolute best.

Burnley got promoted on pretty much that scenario.

The difference being Douglas made out he was on top of it, where Lennon just gets on with it. We are in good hands.

Oh sure Tom; the 2 are different and I am a lot happier with Lennon. However, there are a few similarities and I hope it is just circumstantial

Right now I'd take 8th spot next season; get rid of the deadwood, get the young'uns improving; added bonus of a cup run or two

Then the season after go for it properly

Burnley got promoted on pretty much that scenario.

Burnley had a solid championship backbone and struck gold with Ings and Voles. We have no solid championship backbone and we might strike gold but you still need the consistent performers to back it up. Lot to do in a summer with no money and an owner talking to interested buyers.

I agree. To suggest that Lennon is going to bring in 7 or 8 new first team players with a two bob budget who will make us a better team than the likes of Wolves, Sheff Weds, Blackburn, Derby and Ipswich is ludicrous.

Good point. BSA's backroom staff kept many an ageing player on the pitch week after week. Perhaps we could rehire someone from then who could put it all back together. Are we still using the Coyle's fat man bucket and magic sponge?

Good point. BSA's backroom staff kept many an ageing player on the pitch week after week. Perhaps we could rehire someone from then who could put it all back together. Are we still using the Coyle's fat man bucket and magic sponge?

Freedman did that already.

Most of our injuries have just been pure bad luck. I'm sure that also there is the issue of lesser players having to work more to stay in games and pushing themselves hence causing strains etc. Obviously good medical and backroom staff are important but there isn't a magic button. Allardyce and his team cannot keep Carroll fit at West Ham for example.

Think the head physio then Mark Leather back at the club.

Without doubt it's the personnel that doesn't work, not the system. We could play 10 behind the ball and still let goals in, our defence is simply as bad as it's been for years.

If we sign players used to playing 352 who stay fit and have a bit of talent, it can work

I agree but that's going to take money and surely we must use a system that suits the available players. Mind you I suppose there's no system that really suits the players available last night and therein lies the problem. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Most Championship clubs rely on a fast winger as their no 1 attacking tactic.

3-5-2 with weak full-backs is just playing into their hands.

Lennon, get a decent couple of full backs and play 4-4-2.

Like we did when we completely outclassed Bournemouth at their place 18 months ago.

It didn't really matter what the set up was tonight. The much hated 3 5 2 or 4 4 2 or 4 5 1. The outcome would have been the same against Bournemouth. Better players not the formation would have made a difference and we have precious few of those at the moment who are available to play. Not sure a fully fit team would have produced a different result either. That's were we are at the moment. Can Lennon build a new team next season to be at least be a top half side? It will be a huge task without better players joining the club.

It would of made a difference. Their wide players would of had less space and less impact if we had of had full backs playing. We had one more central midfielder than them last night and it didn't show the whole game.

These people who think we're shite, that we need a complete clearout, or that we're slowly sinking into League One, how do they explain the fact that we have one of the best home records in the Championship since Lennon took over?

We are 7th in the home form table and 11th in the overall table since he took over.

It's the away form that needs sorting. We don't need to tear up the entire blueprint and start again.