Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tinnitus

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Mine comes and goes. Suddenly I hear a slight change in hearing a bit like the pressure change when taking off or landing in a plane and then a continuous high pitched squeak for a while. You kind of learn to ignore it.

• Site Supporter

Spent hours one night when first got it, going round the house in the early hours looking for what was making the buzzing noise , was only after a while when I realised it wasn't changing volume no matter which room I was in that I realised it was in my head

Horrible for ages, don't notice as much now unless I specifically think of it it quiet situations , but occasionally it's still a nightmare.

Might be a build up of ear wax. Go to the doctors and get your ears syringed.

I'm in at fleetwood walk in centre tonight at 7pm.

They will take some syringing these bad boys.

Friday nights used to be about an afternoon black crash in the squirell vaults followed by getting off my rocker in Heaven and Hell. Now I'm going to get wax removed from ear. Rock on tommy. :-)

Don't bother with Otex and other extortionate ear drop products....

Olive Oil is where it's at.

The doctors won't syringe your ears unless you've been putting this stuff in it for a week either as it softens the wax up.

The doctors won't syringe your ears unless you've been putting this stuff in it for a week either as it softens the wax up.

Birch is the expert on this, wax not tinnitus....he may not have heard you though!

• Site Supporter

Otex do a syringe over the counter.. Works great..

After you've put the oil in, don't plug your ears with cotton wool....it soaks up too much oil.

I'm not really a doctor.

Think we've covered this before, normal syringing involves water being fired in your ear, can't be done if the ear wax isn't soft enough or you have perforated eardrum.

I had a two month wait so paid next day in Manchester, micro suction, no fucking about with olive oil and the like. 

These work for the NHS part time at an hospital in manc and have set up on their own.

http://www.manchesterearclinic.co.uk

Edited by C86